Anyone have a fix for the two issues I'm having?Support

Last Updated:

1. Topshelf

Topshelf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Loving the phone, but I have two, make that one annoying issue I have to resolve since #2 was embarrassingly easy.

1) Answering the phone while taking it out of my pocket. This is making me crazy as I've answered calls I didn't want to, and I've accidentally hung up on calls I wanted. It's very frustrating. Is there a way to maybe set one of the 4 menu buttons on the bottom as the answer key?

2) New contacts are not syncing to my Gmail contact book. If I create it in Gmail everything is fine. But when I new contact or caller is added to a group, it does not sync back to Gmail. Would really like this to work.

If anyone has fixes for either of these I'd really appreciate it. ;)

Advertisement
  2. jwalker87

jwalker87 Well-Known Member

As for #2, when you add a contact it gives you the option of adding it to the phone or to gmail. not sure which is default, so maybe that?

3. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the same thing for #1 too. I thought sliding the screen down would make it hard to answer the phone but that isn't the case as I've answered calls before taking it out of my pocket...

Is there an app to answer the phone only after you've pressed the optical pad??

4. Topshelf

You know, sometimes things are so simple you don't know how you didn't do it right. I just deleted and recreated a contact, made sure my correct Google account was selected and it worked perfectly. Maybe I missed that option before? Either way, thanks! :D

5. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Put the phone in your pocket top first. You're probably putting it in your pocket bottom first which makes it easy for the gray bar to get swiped down as you take it out.

6. red97xj

red97xj Well-Known Member

So anyone have an answer to the answering calls without trying?

7. milnivlek

milnivlek Well-Known Member

I thought the phone touch screen only responds to finger presses (or other similarly conductive material)? I put my phone in my pocket all the time, and haven't noticed any issues with it getting accidentally swiped by my clothing material. Or is it more of an issue with how one holds the phone while pulling it out?

8. zenman

zenman Well-Known Member

Put the phone in your pocket top first. You're probably putting it in your pocket bottom first which makes it easy for the gray bar to get swiped down as you take it out.

9. Topshelf

While I appreciate the tip, I was really looking for a change to the answering function. I've tried the phone in a few directions and none are flawless. Maybe I'm just a mad man digging around for the phone, I don't know, but I'd really like an option to try out some other technique. While I don't want to go this route, I've seen some people use the iPhone style slide bar on the lock screen. Wonder if that makes you have to swipe sideways to answer as well?

10. Topshelf

So after playing with my wife's iPhone I decided to install Lockbot in the hopes that it would work the same way. On her phone, when a call comes in you see the caller, but still need to slide the button to the right to accept the call. Almost impossible to do that accidentally. Unfortunately, Lockbot completely bypasses the lock screen and instead goes to the call screen as if the phone wasn't locked, so now you have to press either the Accept or Decline button. I didn't like this (plus several other Lockbot features I won't go into) so I uninstalled and am now inserting the phone in my pocket with the top up. I'll test this out to see if that's all that's needed, but I still would prefer some type of verification before accepting/declining a call.

11. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

Lockbot didn't solve the problems I was looking to solve. Totally reacts differently than expected when getting phone calls or text messages. Back to default for me.

12. Topshelf

Agreed. It's as if the program isn't even tied into the phone. I can't believe there's no lock screen that actually works the way we want. I'm digging SenseUI, but there are a few little things I wish I could change, this being one of them. The other is I've seen people using Home Screen replacements and they now have 4 static icons and the app launcher icon across all screens instead of the Sense setup (apps/phone/+). Have to admit I'd like the option to reconfigure to that setup. Right now I'm using stock lock screen too.