Anyone have any info about overclocked/FroYo ROM?

Last Updated:

1. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think all of us would like to know if anyone out there is building either an overclocked or FroYo ROM? If anyone out there is trying to get either of those can you speak up and bring our hopes up?

Advertisement
  2. zacwhite15

zacwhite15 Well-Known Member

last i checked one of the CM guys was trying to port CM6 too the ally. i dont have much more information on it. but just keep your eye out :)

3. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Well-Known Member Developer

I've tried both with porting a moto droid froyo and building a generic froyo AOSP and adding the ally proprietary stuff to it and I cannot get it to boot past the android logo or vzw splash.

4. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Have you tried booting it from the RAM, but i guess its more serious than that

5. zacwhite15

drellisdee i am running into the same problem, i cant get any other rom's besides a modified stock ally image too even load..... got any suggestions? if you wanna team up and see what we can do PM me or shoot me a message on gmail, its zacwhite01

6. Resun

Resun Active Member

Need the kernel/wlan.ko files. Pretty much have to wait until LG releases the kernel code. Same with OC'ing as you have to change the clock speeds that the kernel will recognize.

7. zacwhite15

in regards to that i opened a thread with a copy of an email sent too LG and Google stating that LG is in violation of the GPL agreement, the reason i did that is because i have been attempting to get the source from them for nearly a month, and every time i talk to their engineers they state that it is is proprietary code. i've gotten so fed up with their BS responses that i contacted the Google Legal Department.

here is the link to the thread containing the email i sent:

http://androidforums.com/all-things...atters-regard-lg-electronics-source-code.html