Anyone have any luck installing Skyfire browser on Warheads?

Last Updated:

1. lviv73

lviv73 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to know if anyone installed SkyFire browser on Galaxy R10?I get force close error everytime.Had same problem on R9 but went away after reinstalling and reboots,on R10 it wont work period.

Advertisement
  2. sgsgroup

sgsgroup New Member

Installed today,works fine,can play flash files.Just take some time to start playing.

3. NeoAndroid

NeoAndroid Well-Known Member

Works great on BH2 with Warheads. I actually like it better than Dolphin. I've check a couple of YouTube videos and it played right in the browser.

4. lviv73

Thanx,it appears that TouchWizBrowser.apk is needed for Skyfire to work.Thats strange because Dolphin doesnt need it.So Dolphin browser uses its own frameworks while Skyfire uses touchwiz browser frameworks.I would think Skyfire would be built from ground up,i guess not.Gonna run tests to see which one is faster...

5. brmayhem

brmayhem Well-Known Member

Skyfire is extremely slow on my phone.

6. bionicgrape

bionicgrape Well-Known Member

Skyfire works moderately well as a browser, but only loads certain videos, and nothing interactive (like games). It also is really slow on page transitions and exiting. I find Dolphin to be much more full-featured and faster, but Skyfire has a lot of potential, and I'll definitely check out future releases

7. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Opera Mini 5 is faster than both! and see thats what happens when you remove things you don't know what they do! things tend to not work after.

8. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

works ok for me but it froze on me once out of the 3 times I used it!

9. lviv73

Its this is the first time something dint work for me.On Opera 5,i agree on it being faster but i don't use it because it takes 5-10 seconds to start everytime.

10. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Skyfire seems to be working fine (not as fast as Opera, of course).

The Flash support does need a bit of work (As stated previously, only videos work, and then only from some sites). There's a website I go to for language lessons, and they use Flash for audio clips and whatnot. Having that available on the phone would be a God-send.

Also: Hulu appears to work, however it claims that the video is not available on your device. Ahh well.