• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone Have Backup of Original APKs?

007shark

Jul 24, 2010
FL
I am in dire need of the original system/app APKs. I cannot install the latest Verizon OTA update. I believe this is because I had deleted a couple of the Verizon apps that come on the phone. I was having some other issues with the phone and Verizon is sending me a warranty replacement. I want to get the phone completely back to stock before sending it in.
Help, please.

So I'm in the same boat as you. However I know that the only original apk we need to push the ota through is CityID. That was the only thing that's holding us back. I have looked high and low for this apk. No luck. I have unrooted my phone and am expecting a manufactuer replacement in a couple of days. When I receive it I will figure out how to upload the apks. Please let me know if you figure anything out.

Upvote 0
I know I never deleted CityID so let me check if I have it. I deleted vcast music and vcast video. Those are the 2 I really need.

Edit: I do not have a CityID apk in my system/app directory. I thought the update was suppose to install CityID on the phone. I have had my Devour since March and don't remember ever seeing CityID. I found this article. http://phandroid.com/2010/08/05/motorola-devour-to-receive-update-tomorrow-not-android-2-1/

This is the CityID.apk from the Droid X if it helps.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W8VGVQ5K

Upvote 0
I noticed that you're both getting new phones, but I am not. I wanted to restore all of my apks from my backup which somehow got corrupted. Is there anyone, or perhaps one of you two chaps when you get your new phones, that could still look into posting the original apks? I would be greatly indebted to whomever does it!

Upvote 0
The OTA update is available in zip form here: Blur_Version.1.15.83.calgary.Verizon.en.US.zip

Just rename it to "update.zip" and put it on your SD card, then flash it through recovery mode. No Verizon middleman to tell you your phone sucks, no downloading over the air. It may not unbrick your phone if it's bricked (in that case, flash the SBF file) but it is the OTA update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones