anyone have problems with the charging port/usb not staying connected?Tips

Last Updated:

1. thadrizzle

thadrizzle Active Member This Topic's Starter

the last 2 days I've tried to charge my phone, it connects for about 2 seconds, then disconnects. i have to move the cable around, almost bending it downward, for it to register a charge. its starting to get really annoying because i have to make sure its charging for a little bit and sometimes have to prop it up so the cable is bent for it to charge before i can walk away.

I just want to check on this forum before i take it to the sprint store or best buy where i got it.

Advertisement
  2. Haris

Haris Well-Known Member

First off, I would try avoiding any further "bending" or manipulation of your USB charger for one reason... your phone's USB slot might be totally fine and you have bent the male end of your charger.

Secondly, try using another micro USB charger and see if you're experiencing the same problem. At that point, if it's still an issue it's the phone. If not, you've just got a bad charger and need to only replace that.

Try that first and see if that works.

3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yea sounds like the charging port on the cable is loose. i had this happen within two weeks of having the handset (launch day)

just go to sprint and they will give you another one... thats exactly what i did. also it may be worth it to purchase some form monoprice.com. i bought two 6 foot cables for like 3 bux or something.. complete with filters on the cables...

4. luxetical

luxetical Well-Known Member