anyone have text issues?Support

Last Updated:

1. orlex

orlex New Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if i'm the only one having this issue or not. My gf doesn't have the issue with her captivate. Since launch day when I got the phone, i've had 3 seperate instances where I didn't get texts for the whole day, I thought it was a bit odd. I tested with another phone and never received the text although I could send out. I restarted, pulled the battery and nothing happened. I put the phone in airplane mode and back off airplane mode and my phone received all of the texts and notifications I had been missing. I have AT&T in Miami florida, the phone is not rooted or anything special, it's totally stock. Any ideas? Should I take it back for an exchange? Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. MrTony

MrTony Banned

A lot of people here, myself included, have experienced problems similar to this. It was ALWAYS related to AT&T messing something up on your texting/messaging/data plan. If you made any changes whatsoever to your plan to get this phone, I'd suggest you double-check with AT&T and make sure all your stuff is right.

3. lakergirl21

lakergirl21 Active Member

This just happened to me the other day...I was receiving texts up until Sunday afternoon. I could send text but wasn't receiving any. I called AT&T and they had me change my "message center" number. That seemed to fix it.

4. orlex

orlex New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got off the phone with AT&T, the customer service rep told me that she spoke with tech support and they suggested that I return the phone and get a replacement. Glad to know that they have great solutions for issues with new phones

5. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

I've had numerous problems with the SMS being out of order and not receiving MMS at all.

6. msteven

msteven New Member

I'm in a similar situation. I'm not receiving all of my texts and some texts are out of order. Has anyone who has returned their phone seen this problem go away with the new one ?

7. tejasdj12

tejasdj12 Well-Known Member

hey i'm experiencing similar problems. i just bought lg gt540 optimus. i couldn't send any text messages. when i tried to change the text message center number, it changed, but when i opened the settings screen again, it was blank. i think the settings aren't saved. please help me, m nervous now

8. odindra

odindra Well-Known Member

As I agree with this statement as well, I also had a similar issue where it was happening for my 3gs. My gf wasn't receiving my texts as some of them were important and it was really starting to frustrate me. She's on Sprint and me on ATT of course. Sometimes she would recieve them but they would be blank on her phone, weird :confused:.

If I had sent the texts via Textfree app she would always receive them, so I then used this instead.

I believe it's more of a carrier issue than anything else but of course this is pure speculation so take it for what it's worth. Sorry, guess not much help :(

9. mattjns93

mattjns93 Member

I'm having the same problem as you guys. Out of curiosity, how many of you are using any task killers? There seems to be a connection with android phones not receiving texts and task killers being used. I got rid of my ATK just now, so here's to hoping my problem doesn't happen again :)

10. CenterShock

CenterShock New Member

I started having this problem a few weeks ago (well, that is when i realized it anyways). 2 weeks ago I logged onto AT&T's online customer service chat and they went into my account, had me remove the battery, reboot and they had me text myself. Once I got my text from myself they told me the problem was fixed. Well I was not sure that things were fixed but hey, what do I know. So a couple weeks pass and just the other day I am finding that I am not getting all my texts again. The strange thing is that it seems totally random. Sometimes I do not get plain texts, sometimes they are replies, etc.

Anyways, I bought my phone from an AT&T rep that had the same phone and we have texted a few times since and today I asked if he had any problems with his and he said no but to stop in and they would replace the SIM card and said that seemed to help others that were having the same problem. When I was there the person that helped switched out the card and said that if things continue that I may have to get it replaced (under warranty)

So we shall see how it goes with the new SIM card. I will post back if I encounter the problem again.

11. mattjns93

mattjns93 Member

Interesting. I was also told to text myself but I haven't had the problem happen again. Going to also get a new SIM tomorrow. Hope this problem is finally fixed! Removed ATK and using a new SIM. If that doesn't work, it must be the phone!