Anyone have the BLue Ant s4 paiered with EVO?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Bagua

Bagua Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

TItle says it all.

Does it work with EVO?
    How are the features?
    Do you like it?

If not post suggestions for a similar product other than upgrading the car stereo?

Advertisement
  2. seasapart

seasapart Member

I have the Blue Ant Q1 and i love it. Works Great with my Evo. I mainly got it to use the Multipoint functionality since i have my personal "Evo" and work phone "Iphone - haa not by choice" on me all the time. The call quality is great and battery life is good.

Also apparently this Headset also had some Android functionality which i didnt know about.
    Taken from Blue Ants website about the Q1 Model

"The BlueAnt Q1 Android™ application further enhances the integration between your BlueAnt Q1 and your Android mobile phone.

Now you can hear your text messages read aloud directly into your Q1 headset.

The application also provides help and support for your Q1, with pairing and connection guidance, support information and a direct link to BlueAnt customer service."

Bagua likes this.
  3. Bagua

Thanks this helps my decision of getting a Blue Ant product. I'm going to look into the Q1.

Oh, no need to apologize for the iPhone. it is a great product and you're lucky to have both phones.

I'm Jealous!

:)

4. seasapart

seasapart Member

No Problem,

Honestly, all the blue ant headsets are pretty sweet. I have gone through like 10 different bluetooth headsets from other manufacturers and ended up one day reading about blue ant and decided to try them out. One of the best headsets i owned was the Blue ant V1, the most comfortable headset i ever had. Most of the time i would forget its even on. Had it up until i dropped it in a puddle on a rainy day. The blue ants are in my opinion some of the best around. I forgot to mention i also have the supertooth 3 handsfree in my personal car and that works great too. My girlfreind bought one for herself and she loves it. For the price you cant go wrong compared to other brands with less functionality.

Bagua likes this.
  5. Jusjun

Jusjun Active Member

Awesome, i plan on ordering the S4 here pretty soon.

6. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

The S4 is AMAZING. You wont regret the purchase! :D

It is truly one of the most hands free bluetooth headsets out there.

Bagua likes this.
  7. Bagua

Awesome thanks for the insight ordering one now.

8. Chad.Mobley11

Chad.Mobley11 Well-Known Member

The S4 is so clear and loud and works so well with the EVO. Great battery life and such ease to use, truly a hands free device!!

Jusjun likes this.
  9. spar10

spar10 Well-Known Member

10. Bagua

Ty for the suggestions, currently charging my BlueAnt s4 and waiting to test this amazing speakerphone.

11. Bagua

Your suggestions were dead on! Easy install and connecting was simple. Received 2 calls hands free and used Sprint navigation over the speaker. I highly recommend this speakerphone as a inexpensive solution to a new BT radio head unit. thanks again for the suggestions and input.

12. bobTX10

bobTX10 Well-Known Member

Its so cool right?!?! Nobody has a problem hearing my voice and I have no problem hearing them with the loud speaker.

Glad you like it.

Bagua likes this.
  13. sjjones

sjjones Well-Known Member

I also have the S4, seems to be very good no issues, using Vlingo as my "dialer" worth the $10, very quick and accurate, even with my Australian accent.

Also check which firmware version you are using semed to be shipped with 1.2 atleast to BB 1.5 is posted online.

*Vlingo is great for emailing and texting also if your not so keen on the keyboard if you did'nt
    know about it.

Bagua and Jusjun like this.
  14. Jusjun

Jusjun Active Member

This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! I was wondering how I would make calls hands free from my phone book.

15. djrottweiler

djrottweiler Well-Known Member

Anybody out there have the Blue Ant T1? I am looking at getting that one since I work in noisy auto shop.

16. bassin46

bassin46 New Member

I just got the blueant s4 and I am trying to get the new update but very time it starts down loading it hangs and I get an error message.My laptop has vista and I turned off my firewall and anti virus.I called tech support and they asked why do i want the update.They don't have a clue whats wrong.Have anyone else had this problem?Should I just forget the update or what?:confused:

17. Bagua

I did the update, right click the application or launcher and go to properties/compatibility tab and then set run this program to win xp. Make sure to run as admin box is checked

If not install it on a Win XP pc at work or if you have another pc.

Hope this helps.

18. Asherbear

Asherbear New Member

I have an EVO and want to play/select music through Blue Ant T-1. I have Android 2.2. Can this be done?

AsherBear

19. Bagua

The S4 allows this, you should be able to just launch your player and sound should be patched thru.