• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone Have the Seidio 4000 mAH Battery?

I have it and like it. Lowest I've had it run down is 42% before recharging. I ran TuneIn Radio app for about 8 hours during that time with no phone calls or 4G. I am not a gamer or heavy user otherwise. However the stock battery would only get me about 8 hours of TuneIn Radio at work before requiring a charger.

Size is another matter as it does make the unit much larger. However the back that is supplied has a great non slip feel to it and I don't feel that I will accidentally drop it.

I also recently purchased the Seidio charger and Spring-Clip Holster designed for the extended battery and the holster is a perfect fit.

As for the added weight and size, I will say to each his/her own. I have no problem with either. I think the battery price is rather high but I will most likely purchase and additional battery.

I have about 5 extra regular batteries that I have bought from e-bay that work fine but I just can't get through a day at work about 10 hours without using another battery or a recharge.

Upvote 0
I will have had my Seidio 4000mah battery for a full week on Friday, and I hae zero issues whatsoever. Althouh admittedly I do keep it charged constantly, whenever I do put it to use, it's always reliable for the usage that I put it through. I'm a heavy gamer and movie watcher on a daily basis, and I have never experienced any power shortages or shortcomings. However each chance I get, I am always challenging this battery to see how much I can beat it up, with the amount of daily use I can get out of it.

As the previous poster elluded to, it does make the phone rather bulky, but if you're not into conformity and stealthiness, then you'll be fine. It's size also doubles as a camera protector too, because of the amount of depth between the lenses and how much the battery case petrudes. It's not that bad to me, but some people just don't like bulky phone. And if you're not into using screen protectors on your lenses in fear of them distorting your images over time, then this battery case is perfect.

My advise, get it and see if you like it. And if you don't see an improvement over the stock battery life, then sell it.

Upvote 0
I've really been tempted to get one of these, but I am in love with my Ballistic's case that fully encompass's my phone.... And I can't find any extended battery cases I like.... Ugh.

Including the Seidio cases that are designed for the extended battery? I think there is an extended active case that doesn't look too bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones