Anyone have their eligibility date moved?

Last Updated:

1. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My current date of eligibility according to the link below is July 1. I called just now and spoke to a CSR and asked if I could get that changed to June 1. She said there was no way they could do it.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to happen? Or am I wasting my time?

https://manage.sprintpcs.com/specialoffers/RebateWelcome.do

Advertisement
  2. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

I dealt with 3 different reps yesterday, including one from Retentions. All of them stated that Sprint's software system specifically prohibits them from adjusting your eligibility date more than 14 days. So like me, you're shit outta luck.

3. KiLo11

KiLo11 Well-Known Member

just tell them you called before and were told you would have your time moved up a month because you have called in multiple times because of some made up service issues or alot of important dropped called and you threatned to terminate your contract because of those issues and they decided as a small sorry that you would have your upgrade time moved up a month and you were reassured that it would get done and it hasnt and tell them you are upset because of the poor sprint service and just say you were treated very rudely when you talked to agents. hopefuly that will work. its worth a shot

4. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

same as Bek - many reps and the earliest I could get was June 18th... I cancelled an old line and she told me after June 3rd - I could add another line and bingo that will get me new line pricing :)

5. wndrshwzn

wndrshwzn Well-Known Member

sprint moved my date 14 days up from aug 1st,-but its not close enough to the 30 days out that best buy holds the phone to save $150

...so sprint gave me $70 off my bill when i purchase the evo-not $70 off the evo, but the final bill. i'm still gonna save $75 off for being a premier customer.

6. DaveG

DaveG Well-Known Member

Yes, I had my date moved up - so yes it is possible as long as the issue gets escalated to someone who can make it happen. However, you need a good reason. My situation was related to premiere status not happening after my 10-year anniversary due to a plan change a few years ago that reset my Sprint start date.

7. reneeb

reneeb Well-Known Member

I got my date changed last year by 3 months because I said I was planning on leaving for another provider. My phone was also giving me problems receiving calls so that may have had something to do with it. I talked to retentions about it. With the EVO, they may not be changing dates just because you want a new phone on the release date--they know what you are trying to do...lol

8. clambert1273

I didn't fluff them.. I told them exactly what I wanted (which was the phone).. I am not going to call and complain just for show when I have been perfectly happy with them and have never even called customer service until yesterday.. they even laughed about that one - 4 years and that was my first call lol

They tried for me - I give them that.. June 18th.. so me and the cancellation dept got creative :)

9. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

couldn't get it done for the life of me. screw sprint! LOL

10. clambert1273

can't say we didn't try REALLY hard tho LOL :D

11. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

One thing to note is the CSR had no clue about the EVO. She knew it was coming out but was not sure what date or the price. She even said "You probably know more about this than me LOL".

She was a very nice CSR that was obviously American so I won't hold it against her. At least she tried.

12. clambert1273

LOL I got the same.. I told HIM about it.. they did not have "off contract" pricing either yesterday... so I was really really trying to get that upgrade :D

13. diplomat2387

diplomat2387 Member

I spoke with a online rep and stated I want a phone similar to the new iPhone that was going to be released. She said spoke with a supervisor and they okayed it. She stated she put on a note on my account and gave me the note # and all. My upgrade date isn't until October. I even spoke with another online rep to confirm.

14. acp

acp Well-Known Member

this made me laugh for some reason...I wish I had a dime for every time I walked into a cell phone store besides ATT and had a rep tell me a phone was "like the iPhone"...instinct, droid, eris, Hero...all of those phones are like the iPhone according to sales reps lol

15. spridell

spridell Well-Known Member

I have been with Sprint for 12 years. My update is also July 1st.

I spoke to 4 retentions reps today and not one of them would budge. So earliest i got was June 18th.

I will be buying the phone for full price and then returning it in my 30 day period, then buying it again to get my upgrade. Thats probably the easiest way.

16. diplomat2387

diplomat2387 Member

They didn't want to lose another customer. It's noted on my account so I hope they honor it.

17. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

This is how I got past the eligibility date when I got my BB 8330 last year:
    I am on a family plan: my dad and mom both were eligible for an upgrade,
    Went in saying that I was buying both of them 8330's as a surprise (really for my dad it was a surprise and i was getting it for myself instead of my mom). Since they had to activate the phone right there to get the credit I asked if they would re-activate their current phones so they won't know about it and could still use their current phones until I gave them the new blackberries. After leaving the sprint store I gave my dad his and over the phone activated both of them but instead of using my mom and dads line I used mine and my dads. Therefore I got 2 phones for the upgrade price when I wasn't eligible for the upgrade price. This of course would only work if you have someone who is currently eligible who doesn't care if you use it. I also have the $7 a month insurance for which I turned in my HTC Touch Pro(which keyboard stopped working) and got a new one before activating my blackberry, and turned around and sold that as new. So after the mail in rebates I basically got the 2 blackberries for free.

I am doing this exact thing for the Evo 4g. My mom is eligible for an upgrade yet again (being preferred members she gets an upgrade once a year). I will get my blackberry replaced for a new one, turn around and sell that for however much I can get for it. Tell them its a surprise so they will reactivate my mom's current phone and then once I get home activate the Evo 4g on my number.

I hope that all made sense...if it didn't...well then I don't know

18. bwxd

bwxd Member

i was able to was actually very easy. first i spoke to an online rep and had them put a note on my account saying that they would grant me an early upgrade. then i just called up sprint the next day to confirm it and they generously reset my upgrade date. i went from being able to upgrade on 7/1 to 5/1 evo for the ftw. you prob need to try multiple times because we all know sprint reps are schizo.

19. jmorse

jmorse Well-Known Member

I moved my date up from July 1 to June 1 today via the chat on the sprint website. I've had some phone issues the past year, so that may have contributed to them hooking me up.