Anyone have this Issue: Im on Full Virbrate Notification

Last Updated:

1. earlgsxbusa

earlgsxbusa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im on full Vibrate notification ( I hate to have everyone look to know about my business)...

Phone notifies correctly, but not Texts or emails.

I checked settings on phone to notify Vibrate is selected, checked my profile and "Vibrate" Icon shows on Top Bar. I have Rebooted twice ( battery pulled) and still no notification.

Could it be from Handcent?

Advertisement
  2. Barats

Barats Well-Known Member

This happened to me. I downloaded an app called Sound Manager as referred to by a member here. This seems like a problem a lot of people are having. Mine just quit vibrating all of a sudden but that app helped solve it. Still would like to know the root of the problem, though. So I do not have to run an app to make my phone vibrate when I want.

Sound Manager - Android app on AppBrain

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

mine wasn't vibrating for texts either when i had the check box on, i cycled it on/off a few times powered down and powered back up and now it works fine

4. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

yup, this is the best way to fix it. i had the same issue at first with both txt and emails.

5. Evo_Pimpin

Evo_Pimpin Well-Known Member

Same thing is happening to me too. I did one power down and back on again and it didn't resolve my issue. Maybe I will try a power down with a battery pull to see if it makes a difference.

6. earlgsxbusa

earlgsxbusa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So far so good with the Sound Manager app. Thanks guys!

7. caedriver

caedriver New Member

Anyone know if this is a wide spread issue? It's highly annoying. Phone was set to vibrate, no led notifications, I missed a good 15 texts because of this. Had no clue I was missing texts/emails.

Actually, after reading the comments on Sound Manager it looks like it might be 2.1 Eclair. Thoughts?

8. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

Same going on here out of no where!! Was working fine and the sms and email vibrating just stopped out of no where...SOOOOOOO frustrating!! And yes, Sound Manager fixed it for me too, but we shouldn't have to download an APP in order to fix an obvious issue with the phone. How can you put it in "vibrate" mode and it doesn't vibrate??!?!!

And makes me think, it stops working, I download an app and it starts to work again, I uninstall the app and everything is back to working great again...there's definitely a glitch somewhere...

And just to let you guys know, it's not just your phone or model. I have an HTC Incredible, so you're not alone. :-(

9. thefanmyj

thefanmyj Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. It's infuriating. I love handcent's features, but I need my phone to vibrate when I get a text message. Back to the stock messenger until this is fixed.

10. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

I can't be sure, but I noticed this issue after the last update. Again... I can't be sure if that's the culprit, but the Sound Manager app fixed it. Its a great app. Has the ability to schedule sound profiles. Works great for standing meetings and sleepy time.

11. mudball

mudball Member

I am having the same problem. I tried sound manager and it only vibrated once very quickly at first and that is it. I want it to vibrate until I open the message just like my phone vibrates when someone is calling and it does not stop until I answer. With out vibrate I miss almost all my message because at work I usually cant here my phone. Anybody have any other Ideas?