Anyone have this problem with v3?General

Last Updated:

1. random155

random155 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In my exchange email account I cant get it to update automatically. Im not sure if its a bug with v3 leak or a setting that im missing. When I try to change the frequency of the update it always defaults back to manual... What am i missing here?

Advertisement
  2. mandable

mandable Member

I'm not having this issue on v3. Did you make sure that Auto Sync is selected under Accounts & sync in Settings?

3. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

I used the stock mail app with ActiveSync and my Exchange account and I did not have this issue. Definitely make sure the account shows up under the Accounts and Sync area.

Are you using a lot of security on your exchange server? Make sure you have all your info entered correctly for the account.

4. random155

random155 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

"someone" unchecked my auto sync... problem fixed... thanks.

5. wildtouch83

haha glad it's fixed!

Did you add the full screen mail widget to any of your screens?

Did you notice any significant lag in the phone once you started to use the stock mail app w/ Exchange?

6. vertig0730

vertig0730 Well-Known Member

Does the default mail app sync with more than just the Inbox? I use touchdown for my Exchange sync options so I dont have to carry my company blackberry.

7. wildtouch83

it sure does Vertig. I use TouchDown as a replacement for my berry as well.

The stock mail app (on leak 3) will sync contacts, calendar, mail, etc. One of the coolest features is that the calendar appointments show up in the stock HTC calendar if you have that displayed as a widget on a screen. very useful feature!

8. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

That was the main thing I wanted my phone to do. I depend on my outlook calendar for everything - meetings, travel arrangements, and personal appointments. I sometimes have to look at my calendar just to figure out where I am sometimes if I'm on the road a lot.

My Eris does so much more than this. But keeping my calendar at my fingertips is my favorite thing. Now when I land, I can easily pull up my reservation and see which car rental company I'm using and what hotel I need to go to. And of course I can navigate to it ...