Anyone have YouTube issues on Note 3 ?Support

1. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

Ever since I've gotten my Note 3, YouTube has been useless. I've had to adopt Video Tube which is another version/viewer.

Problem is the videos on YouTube don't cache eve with plenty of wifi bandwidth and thus when I play them, videos play for 3-5 seconds then buffer, then play, then buffer, etc.

Other video sites load just fine and lightening fast.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
    :
  2. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

Are you using the inbuilt YouTube app or the Web browser? The inbuilt YouTube app works fine for everything I've viewed on it, but the Web browser doesn't have native Flash support that alot of YouTube videos require.
  3. rabidtoad

rabidtoad New Member

I was experiencing the same problem and had starting using pvstar as youtube replacement. After changing my dns server from google to opendns, the buffering problem on youtube is now gone. Go figure?
  4. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

Built in app, not the web browser

My network at home is WOW Cable, aka Wide Open West and wirelessly is quite fast at 25Mbps down. Set to Automatic DNS and works great.
  5. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

That scuppers my quick fix. A weird one. Has it always behaved like this or is it recent? If recent it might be worth clearing the apps cache from application manager.
  6. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I don't know if this is the issue or not, but make sure you have Smart pause turned off.

It is in Settings, under Controls and then Smart screen.

I had the problem and it was that, stopping the playing of youtube when my eyes wandered off the screen.
  7. richmatthews76

richmatthews76 Well-Known Member

I stream my playlist from my Note 3 to my smart TV works great. And yes I keep the Smart off. Off YouTube most of the time.
    dustwun77 likes this.
  8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

shot in dark...
    have u tried to upgrade youtube app??
  9. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

^^ hmmm....will try that. I did have Smart Pause, etc. on. Didn't notice any impact on other apps but we'll see......

Looks to be up to date....how does one force an upgrade or a check on it's update being available? My apps via Play are set to update automatically.
  10. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :) Guide

I think that, like multiwindow only works with some predetermined apps, that Smart pause can only affect certain apps, as well.

Hope that fixes it for you! :)

Edit: Also, the only version of youtube I can get the scrapbook to collect all the data of a youtube vid I am watching, a feature that was originally advertised, is the original one that came on the phone. I have uninstalled update to youtube because i want to retain that functionality.
  11. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

just look in the playstore. pull up the app. it will say if there is an update available.
  12. pdqgp

pdqgp Well-Known Member

Closure.....turned out it must have had something to do with my router and or the cable company modem. I hard reset both and now it's fixed!

Cool!
    dontpanicbobby and dustwun77 like this.
  13. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

I'm glad you got back to us pdqgp. I'm using YouTube and chrome right now and the stream is really smooth. Not that this matters but I'm using v5.1.10. I haven't updated YouTube in ages.