Anyone having improved battery life on 2.1?General

Last Updated:

1. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 22, 2010
    I didn't at first, but I have been for at least the last week. I'm not entirely certain why, though. I used to be below 30% at the end of every day (1.5 and 2.1 OTA), regardless of how much/little I used the phone...often having to put it on the charger when I got home from work just to make it through the evening. Lately, I've been ending my day (15+ hours off the charger) at 50-60% remaining, consistently.

I'm curious to know if others have experienced this, or if it's just something weird with my phone. AFAIK, most of the data sync settings are exactly the same as they were. Interestingly, I am leaving 3g and GPS on always, now, where I used to turn them on only when needed.

Also, it seems that my mail and weather widgets are not updating as consistently, which could be leading to some increases...I have used the "end all" in System Panel a few times when the battery seemed to be draining extra fast, but I have my mail, weather, sms, etc. excluded, so I don't know if that's it.

2. Swordfish

Swordfish Guest

I noticed that too. Used to have to charge to make it thru the day. Not sure what changed but it has doubled the batt life.
  3. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    I have had increased battery life. I don't kill or end tasks though. I have the weather set to update every hour, email every hour, 3G on all the time, etc. Probably a couple hours on the phone each day and about 100 or so texts.

Right now I'm at about 60%, and I have about 2 hours worth of talk time on the phone about 60-70 texts, a couple emails, a few minutes on AIM. Been off the charger since 9am. This is about double with what I had on 1.5.

Also, my weather widget seems fine. It updates regularly. The only problem I have is that I don't think my Mail app updates when it's supposed to. Not a big issue seeing as school is over but it's still a minor annoyance. And it could just be that I'm getting less emails since school is over and it just seems like it's not updating, it very well could be.
  4. kennethpm

kennethpm Active Member

Apr 16, 2010
    at first i thought i had more battery life, but it has deteriorated to the levels that I had on 1.5
  5. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Definitely increased. Used to be at 30-40% after 14 hours but now I'm at about 70%. I do use System Panel to kill unused programs, however.
  6. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    I switched to using ADW Launcher and my battery life increased dramatically over using Sense. I used to get about 18 hours per day, but now i'm getting around 30 hours. I'm on 2.1v3 leak.