Anyone having issues with Handcent on their Mesmerize?Support

Last Updated:

1. Strings

Strings Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all.

Wife got a Mesmerize, and we downloaded Handcent immediately.

Unfortunately, she seems to be having issues with it. She'll be typing on the keyboard, but the text won't show up. She also get's mis-identified text notifications (it says "Bob", when it's actually a text from "Dave").

Anyone else having similar issues?

Advertisement
  2. R.Kell628

R.Kell628 Member

I have had the same problem with the false names on received texts. I havnt seen any fixes but I guess Im the wrong person to ask. Id also like to know.

3. ladybadger2007

ladybadger2007 Well-Known Member

I used handcent faithfully till I got my mesmerize. I now use the stock app as it seems to work just as well. I have the same problem with the names but only in the notification bar. It will say it's from one person, but when I open the app it will say another. Mine will also sometimes just have the phone number even thoo the person sending the pic is in my contacts. I don't know y it does this. I rooted with Z4Root, and still have the same thing going on maybe 2.2 will fix this. sry I don't have any answers.

4. nite_vizion

nite_vizion New Member

been using handcent for only 2days on my mesmerize, but haven't yet (hopefully WON'T) had any issues...

5. Strings

Strings Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, she went back to the stock SMS... and immediately the same issue... :(

6. jamoosh

jamoosh Well-Known Member

I have been using HandCent for a couple of days to replace the stock sms app, since it was running so laggy on my phone and I have to report that it has been working well for me so far.

7. BoppinMidge

BoppinMidge Active Member

i use handcent and ive had the text not show up, usually i just rotate the phone and it shows back up, but i cannot send or receive picture messages using handcent, anyone else have this? on a mesmerize obviously :p

8. rthibeault

rthibeault Active Member

Been using Handcent the entire two months I've had the Mes and no issues so far (knock on wood)...

9. jamoosh

I've had this issue when using the Samsung keyboard input, however not the Android keyboard. :confused:

10. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I've been using Handcent for several months now, no issues at all. I used to have the misidentified text issue in the status bar, when I was using the stock app and stock samsung keyboard.

I would suggest reinstalling handcent, and also installing swiftkey keyboard and see if that clears it up.

I haven't had the first problem with handcent or SMS in general since I began using it. I started using Swiftkey before Handcent.

You may also want to try enabling pop up notification with handcent. That may help as well.

11. jamoosh

Just a note, I did a factory reset a while ago and have not had any problem since.
    The issue may likely be related to some other application we've all had installed at some time or another.

12. attroll

attroll Well-Known Member

I started using Go SMS Pro and love it. It seems to work better for me than Handcent.

13. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

X2. Switched to GO SMS over the weekend just for grins. So far I like it a lot better.