Anyone having much luck with HTC Sync?Support

Last Updated:

1. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle Well-Known Member

...or is it simply crap software. I'd love to sync my music but I could have done so manually in a fraction of the time I've spent troubleshooting Sync.

Anyone else have a different experience?

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I can't comment on the versions for the Rezound, but It's been flaky on my Desire HD and Wildfire S. You'll find a lot of threads around the various HTC forums complaining that HTC Sync doesn't do what it's supposed to.

MyPhoneExplorer is a much better solution IMO. :)
    HenryKrinkle likes this.
  3. goose8

goose8 New Member

Personally, I think it is crap, as it gave me nothing but a huge headache. I use iSyncr for music playlists and My Phone Explorer for Outlook sync.
    HenryKrinkle likes this.
  4. HenryKrinkle

Thanks for the responses. I've used iSyncr before - think I'll give MyPhoneExplorer a try.
  5. HenryKrinkle

@El Presidente: is there a way to sync itunes playlists via that program? I downloaded the add-on "controller" but is doesn't seem to work the Rezound. When I try to open it a get the message "no COM ports available".
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

I don't have any iTunes playlists to test so no idea, sorry.

If you're looking at iTunes stuff, Doubletwist is apparently worth a shot.
  7. zazan

zazan Well-Known Member

I agree, HTC sync is crap, just like most of the installed apps that you get from verizon.

I do all my sync using standard windows, its faster more accurate and easier to control. Sorry but I also have no itunes all my music is from ripped cd's or amazon.
    HenryKrinkle likes this.
  8. HenryKrinkle

I ended up trying "Easy Phone Tunes" which is free in the market. If anyone is looking for a simple (and free) way to sync itunes playlist I think it's a good choice.
    El Presidente likes this.
  9. Cotton123

Cotton123 Well-Known Member

I do it manually still because as it was said, its just easier. But I never had any real issues with the Amazon Cloud other than the streaming slowing up. But rarely. Glad ya found something else that works
  10. pat3332

pat3332 Well-Known Member

HTC Sync is definitely crap and more trouble than it's worth, but I it installs some drivers that other programs occasionally use, so I install it to load the drivers, then uninstall it.

I had an Iphone for 3 years and I don't think I ever used a play list, so like the others, I just connect the phone to my PC, copy and paste all of my songs to my phone then I open my favorite player and tap shuffle.
  11. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

I use HTC Sync to sync my contacts (from a new Outlook account just for phone numbers only) and it works fine. For music files, i usually just copy/paste it into in the phone manually.... have not used HTC Sync to do this yet. bye.
  12. andr01d

andr01d Well-Known Member

I just used HTC Sync to sync some new MP3 files (once in a while I just sync some Outlook contacts). Everything went smootly... I plugged in the micro-USB cable and the laptop chimed as it found the USB device (phone). Then I clicked "Open folder to view files" (may not matter whether i clicked this or not).

Anyways, I slided the ring on the HTC lock screen to activate/wake the phone. Earlier the phone (Settings - Connect to PC) has been set to "HTC Sync" default. So now the phone's screen said "Finding HTC Sync on your PC. Please wait...".

A few seconds later the HTC Sync software showed up on the laptop's screen. Then i reconfigured it to add/sync Music too (before this everything was disabled except for People/Outlook contacts). Then I hit the "Sync now" button on the laptop and it started syncing the People/contacts and Music/MP3 files.

Later I unplugged the USB cable, started the stock MP3 player and it found/played these new music files. I suppose the HTC Sync works just fine on my laptop/phone (but i don't quite like the path/subdirectories where it placed these MP3 files... sometimes it's much better to manually copy/paste it into the phone to where we really want to place it and not let it go to where that HTC Sync wants to place it). bye

Attached Files: