Anyone having problems d/l mms on wifi?

Last Updated:

1. yipper69

yipper69 New Member This Topic's Starter

When ever I get a mms picture text, I get a download failure and then a transient failure only when i'm using wifi. I have to turn wifi off and it still won't download for a while after numerious tries.
    Anyone experience this problem?

Advertisement
  2. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

I've had a similar failure many times, but will have to determine if wifi was also a condition, i just can't be sure, will let you know going forward.

3. skbgiants

skbgiants Member

I spoke with Sprint. The tell me I need to turn off wi-fi, then "restore my profile"...are you KIDDING ME SPRINT?!! Why would I use wi-fi then??!?!

This is the kind of stuff that makes people go buy an Iphone. It just works.

4. jitinjain1986

jitinjain1986 New Member

hi Guys,
    I just upgraded my android phone (Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700) to 2.1 but i am not able to use WiFi on my phone. Its not even getting connected to My Laptop via WIFI ( not able to locate n/w).I have tried everything except rooting it. Is there any other option???

5. Elite GunnerX

Elite GunnerX Active Member

On AT&T even if your phone has wifi you still need to use your data plan to get picture mms messages...Could it be the same with sprint?

I'm not a sprint costumer yet because I'm waiting for the Epic 4g to come out...

6. jrs03n

jrs03n New Member

hey elit gunner i have at&t and was searching to see if this could be fixed... so its not possible? picture mms MUST go through cell data and not possible to go through wifi??

i don't like that, feels like something apple would do....

7. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I believe MMS is strictly limited to telephony, so I'd have no expectation of it working over wifi via any provider.

Multimedia Messaging Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That said, no idea if the phone gets buggy with MMS trying to doing preferential data services for wifi when both wifi and 3G are on.

8. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

you have to use the cell radio for all sprint services, mms, sprint tv, sprint nav etc... its always been like that...

9. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

If it still won't download for awhile, then how are you determining it's a wifi issue?