Anyone having problems with the Pro?

Last Updated:

1. dcpmark

dcpmark Active Member This Topic's Starter

I recommended this phone to my Treo-toting friend as his first foray into Android. He loves the phone, but has had several problems. His initial phone's screen would turn off just after he turned it on, and several times a day he would not get emails. He would then pull the battery, the phone would reset, and all his emails would come flooding in. He replaced that phone with another new one, and while the screen doesn't turn off anymore, he is still having the same email problem. Also, he had a text thread that disappeared, and when he began a new text to that person, the old thread came back with another contact's name attached to it! He checked the information in both contacts, and it was correct.

Level 2 tech support didn't know anything about the Pro, and could only suggest a hard reset. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

3. dcpmark

dcpmark Active Member This Topic's Starter

4. bytheriver

bytheriver Well-Known Member

last night, my husband tried calling me numerous times...did not come through on my Pro, so he called our home cell (lg chocolate). That came through no problem.

I looked at my phone..no signal, no 3G, nothing. This morning I did not receive a text from a coworker and on and off email (hotmail) issues today.

Tonight we were at a basketball game, turned on the phone and it froze on the lock screen. Turned off the screen, and then it would not turn on at all ..no power...So, instead of pulling the battery I took it to VZW ( so they could see the problem).

Anyway, the guy messed with it , said he reprogrammed it..blah, blah. He also said he noted my account and if any more problems they'd exchange it.

I checked things over when I got home and he switched it back to GLOBAL (I had it on CDMA, to save battery) Would this affect data? cdma only? I turned it back...ugh

5. lalala11

lalala11 Member

I had a similar experience. A different contact's name took over a text thread, but the right number remained. When I clicked the name, though, it went to the named contact (the wrong person associated with the thread) with their correct phone number. I think this happened twice with two different pairs of contacts. It was always the contact whose conversation was immediately under the one that got messed up. Rebooting did nothing. I deleted the thread and opened a new one to that person, which brought the old conversation back.

My conversations are all social, so I figure all phones are buggy and I'm not going to get worked up if this happens every once in a while. I could see how a business user could get annoyed, though.

6. lalala11

lalala11 Member

bytheriver, check your battery profile. Nighttime saver turns off 3G during off peak hours. Maximum saver turns off 3G when the phone is inactive.