Anyone having problems with Voice Search Download?

Last Updated:

1. techniqx

techniqx Active Member This Topic's Starter

Im running rooted stock 2.2. but every time I try to install i get "installation Unsuccessful" I really want to try this app. Looks good!!!

Advertisement
  2. abit4u

abit4u New Member

You'll need to uninstall the old version first, reboot then download it. You can either remove it using adb or root explorer. Found it @ xda devs; i take no credit. I did it today and it worked.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Just dloaded it and installed it.....no issues at all....no removing of old...just works .

Not rooted maybe that is the issue

4. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

had a problem downloading voice search and google search..everytime downloaded fine, but wouldnt install..(btw running fresh evo 3.1.0.1 and 2.6.32.15 HeroMod kernel. so i was checking my FreshUpdater and seen an update to remove facebook and voice seach . so i downloaded and flashed the zip..brebooted and downloaded voice search and search from the market and installed no probs.

5. uminchu

uminchu Well-Known Member

I did this also, the apps reinstalled fine, but my soft search key no longer searches the phone or Google from a home screen. It still works within an app (ie: People), but not from any of my 7 basic screens. Has anyone else noticed this?

6. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

No issue with installing on DC 3.5 with kingxkernel or netarchy's kernel. Uninstall was not required.

7. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member

I'm running the latest Fresh ROM, and I'm not seeing the update to remove facebook/voice search. Do I need to revert back to the previous version of Flipz's rom?

8. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Use Titanium Backup to uninstall...

Zameus likes this.
  9. bobr0949

bobr0949 Well-Known Member

You need 3.1.0.2

Zameus likes this.
  10. Zameus

Zameus Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! I was able to use Titanium Backup to uninstall and then load the new version from the Market place. However, it seems when I try to compose a new message, it keeps wanting to search the internet. Hmmm....will keep working on this. Thanks again!