anyone having problems with wifi tethering?

Last Updated:

1. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am having some weird issue with wifi tethering, i have 3-4 bars of 3G but no way to get online through wifi, but when i hook up USB tethering it works just fine, anyone know what could be causing the problem, also when i do get wifi to work its either very slow or it loses internet access, at the moment im using wireless tethering app off the market, ive tried barnicle wifi but my computer cant find the signal for some reason, i have tried different wifi channels, somewhere i read to set the MTU to 1200, but that doesnt help either, anyone know a solutition so im not stuck with usb

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Have you tried changing kernels? I don't know if that's the problem but it definitely could have something to do with it. It's worth a try.

3. nightelvesreasy

as of now im only running BB, i took off the kernal i did have cause it was making my phone act up, so far i have my phone placed on top of my book case and it seems to be working at a ok speed wifi wise, nothing to brag about but its useable, but i just wonder why it works ok there, but if i have it on my desk next to me i get nothing

4. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

When you put it on your desk, is it touching an iPhone 4? That could be causing it to lose all signal.

Bazing. :cool:

5. nightelvesreasy

+1 that was good