1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Anyone having reboot issues?General

1. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

My D3 is getting worse, reboots about every 4 or so days now. It seems to have started after the update. It would reboot once in a while, then once every other week and now it is not even a full week.
    I really don't want to do a factory reset but I am getting really annoyed (I will end up doing one, just hate that I have to). If it isn't rebooting it gets slow and freezes, I've done many battery pulls lately. I found threads on the web w/similar issues and factory resets don't always seem to help.
    I am not rooted and (probably) out of warranty, no insurance.
    Any other sufferers out there?

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Warranty is one year so you may still be under warranty.

I hate to say it, but I think factory reset is your best bet. It can be a pain, but I have to say that I always end up factory resetting after an OTA update in the 2.5 years since I've had an Android phone.
    Clementine_3 likes this.
  3. Clementine_3

Yeah, I know I have to break down and do one. Ugh.
    I got the phone last July, warranty up.
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Clementine_3 likes this.
  5. Clementine_3

I realized after I said all that that I could do that (hence the edit)! Haha, I should not post before my coffee :)
    I do have it and have copied it over to my sd card, hopefully that is good. I also did send an email so will see what happens there too.
  6. rbyham

rbyham Member

Hate to say it but since my OTA and hard/factory reset, I still experience way too many reboots. Never had a freeze or reboot for 2 years prior to OTA. Thanks VZW... so to spite I am keeping my unlimited data :)
    Clementine_3 likes this.
  7. Clementine_3

That's why I am really thinking I don't want to do a factory reset! Seems like it probably won't help.
    I may just buy a used D4 instead. I mean, if I have to set everything up again I may as well do it on a (not brand) new phone :rolleyes: