Anyone having reboot issues?General

Last Updated:

1. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

My D3 is getting worse, reboots about every 4 or so days now. It seems to have started after the update. It would reboot once in a while, then once every other week and now it is not even a full week.
    I really don't want to do a factory reset but I am getting really annoyed (I will end up doing one, just hate that I have to). If it isn't rebooting it gets slow and freezes, I've done many battery pulls lately. I found threads on the web w/similar issues and factory resets don't always seem to help.
    I am not rooted and (probably) out of warranty, no insurance.
    Any other sufferers out there?

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Warranty is one year so you may still be under warranty.

I hate to say it, but I think factory reset is your best bet. It can be a pain, but I have to say that I always end up factory resetting after an OTA update in the 2.5 years since I've had an Android phone.
    Clementine_3 likes this.
  3. Clementine_3

Yeah, I know I have to break down and do one. Ugh.
    I got the phone last July, warranty up.
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Clementine_3 likes this.
  5. Clementine_3

I realized after I said all that that I could do that (hence the edit)! Haha, I should not post before my coffee :)
    I do have it and have copied it over to my sd card, hopefully that is good. I also did send an email so will see what happens there too.
  6. rbyham

rbyham Member

Hate to say it but since my OTA and hard/factory reset, I still experience way too many reboots. Never had a freeze or reboot for 2 years prior to OTA. Thanks VZW... so to spite I am keeping my unlimited data :)
    Clementine_3 likes this.
  7. Clementine_3

That's why I am really thinking I don't want to do a factory reset! Seems like it probably won't help.
    I may just buy a used D4 instead. I mean, if I have to set everything up again I may as well do it on a (not brand) new phone :rolleyes: