Anyone having this issue...Support

Last Updated:

1. mahsan88

mahsan88 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use Handcent for my messaging, whenever i have close to 3000, it makes a new thread with that person. When i try to delete the old thread that has 3000 messages, it will not delete. The phone gets hot and extremely slow and then has to force close the app.

It also happened when i tried to delete that thread from the messaging app by HTC. How can i delete the messages without the phone freezing on me. After i attempt to delete and it force closes and i am never able to open any messaging app!!!
    Therefore i have to factory reset.
    This has happened 2 times to me.. any suggestions on how i can delete them?
    Does anyone know where these messages are saved so that i can maybe use Astro to delete them???

Please help... I am tired of having to factory reset.

Advertisement
  2. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I usually clean up my inbox weekly...Possibly uninstall handcent...try again...try installing Chomp SMS and delete all...Hope this helps!

3. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

nope doesn't happen for me - i have a handcent conversation at 4500 and another at like 3500. haven't tried deleting any big ones over 1000 ever, so idk about that

4. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Well-Known Member

You can try deleting them using the stock texting app. I am using handcent as well and I know when I have more that a few hundred it deletes the more quickly for some reason. I have a feeling it might be a memory issue. If you were to kill any programs and services that are running it might help free up more memory for the operating system to do such a big task but that is just a guess.