• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone heard of LePan TC 970?

Is there any chance you have the URL to the web sight you found this information at?

I would be interested in the LePan lll, but the sight I saw this information on said the LePan ll would be out by the end of Jan and there was no release date or price yet given for the LePan lll.
I think by the time the model 3 hits the shelves it will be shipping with ICS pre-installed, and there will be no update process.

here is the link:
Press Release , Le Pan

Upvote 0
I need to buy a case for the Le Pan. Anybody has any suggestions/ feedback?

Is the IPad 1 or the Ipad 2 case that fits Le Pan ?

Tks

My feedback

I turn it on...and it keeps on telling me reset this reset that , anyway ...after reseating it 5-6 times it was still not working. Battery was at 43 % left. So I said I'll let it die.

I put in on charge and after it charged, I turned it on.
It finally turns on, but hey , weird language: i m like wtf .
I try to look for settings option, finally I find it, but good luck finding the language setting.
So google translator...wrote 1 word, I find out it 's in Slovak. I'm like holly cra* ! So I managed to get to language setting and switch it.

It seems fine, very sensitive to fingerprints, and looks fast too. All app work well.

Upvote 0
Just got my Le Pan 11 and would like to update to Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich software.I can't find a download site and instructions.Has anyone tried it yet?Mine is running 3.2
Le Pan
The ICS update hasn't been released yet. Cross your fingers. Le Pan said the 970 could be updated initially but then changed their mind. It least the II has 3.2 so in should be possible but don't hold your breath.

I have the 970 with 2.2 and think it is a great tablet. It runs all the apps I want. It's fast and has a great screen. The II with the faster dual processor and 1GB ram should be very impressive.

Upvote 0
Worked for the first few days, now for the last week, I have not been able to connect at all. Did NOT change any settings. Le Pan online support does not respond. IS anyone home ????? I even tried resetting to factory settings, erased everything I had on it, but it still will not connect.
Hi. I ran into that problem too. Im kind of a noob so I called my internet provider (Bell) and said "why can't I connect my new tablet to my wifi?" So they walked me through it, I had to re-name my SSID (dunno why) and modify my home network settings. So the problem isn't your tablet, it's your home network. Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

I am waiting for my Le Pan II to show up from Amazon and I did have a Le Pan 970 for a while so I still watch this Forum.

The link you show I don't believe is from Le Pan. The Le Pan site shows no reference to the 970 getting Honeycomb (Android 3.0). As a matter of fact the FAQ pointedly says that the 970 will not get Honeycomb.

Upvote 0
I got the files for Ice Cream sandwich 4.0 in a download from Le Pan web site and a page of instructios to make the upgrade. I'v. tryed it 4 times and no luck. It just will not pick up the files from a computer. Any one else have any luck yet -if so let me know what you did.

I am waiting for my Le Pan II from Amazon and am interested in ICS. Where did you get the files for Android 4.0? I looked all over the Le Pan web site and can't find any reference to these upgrade files for the Le Pan II.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Just happened to see the Le Pan for $198 on WalMart's website and Google led me here. I had never heard of this thing before but the online reviews at Amazon and places are just nuts how good they are.

I read through a lot of this thread but damn, it's really long.

Anyway, now that it's 6 months later, what does everyone think. We're looking for a tablet for my wife's father since he has an ancient laptop that is really slow.

Is the original tablet a good buy at $198? Did anyone ever find a way to root it or upgrade it or anything like that? He'd probably be fine with Froyo on it but if there's a chance to get Honeycomb, that'd be nicer.

Any other quirks that have come up at all? I'm fine buying it from Walmart since returning it would be really easy but just wanted to see if there's anything else in the $200 range that might compete. I dont' want a little 7" tab and since this one is almost 10", that's a big selling feature.

Thanks!!

Upvote 0
I dont see much here on the LePan 2..I ordered one from Amazon a month ago, was to be here by now. Anyone else get one recently and how do you like it? Im beginning to think LePan 2 may be a flash in the pan. May cancel my order.:mad:

I got my Le Pan II last week from Amazon. I ordered it in early January. I like it a lot. I had a Le Pan TC 970 for a couple of weeks and returned it, I think the II is much better and I like Honeycomb very much. It is fast (Quadrant score = 2615 and it has run every app that I have thrown at it. Keep your order - you won't be sorry!

Reactions: Le Pan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones