Anyone heard of smart start?General

Last Updated:

1. jaybigboy34

jaybigboy34 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Looks like iphone users have an app where they can start their vehicle from anywhere with their phone. Do you all think we will get anything like that with our phone? Is sounds pretty cool.

Advertisement
  2. Mays24

Mays24 Well-Known Member

I don't know about that, but they make an awesome cereal.

3. arock

arock Well-Known Member

It is an app by DEI. It only works with their line of alarm/remote starts that have the smart start feature. I would assume that they will probably make an app for all the major smart phone os's eventually. Probably also depends on how well it does on apples app store.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

:D

Thanks. Every once in a while I see a post that makes me feel better about some of my more acerbic offerings.

5. smacky

smacky Banned

Mercedes-Benz makes a $200 app that lets you do anything electronically to your car. Havent heard of it for anything else.

6. ericlmccormick

ericlmccormick Well-Known Member

Its all based on what the manufacture will support but I'm pretty sure the first car that will support controls from an android phone will be GMs Volt.

10* Smart Grid: Volt On-Star IPhone/Blackberry/Android App Makes Cars Smarter

I think that both GM and Ford are looking to install Android based computers in some of their 2011 vehicles but I think that just means you will have built in nav and other stuff, not necessarily control by another android.

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

If history tells me anything, even if I had this app, it would do me no good. I'd call. The car would ignore me. On the rare occasions it does answer, it's just say "**** You!" and hang up....

:D