Anyone here purachse the zagg invisible shield for the moment?Tips

Last Updated:

1. Baztastic

Baztastic Active Member This Topic's Starter

if so, is the full case worth it or do I just need the shield itself?

thanks for all input!

Advertisement
  2. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

I didn't know they had a full body yet. I have the screen cover and it was well with the money.

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie Moderator

In the past I've used screen protectors with every WinMo device and a full body shield with my touch pro. With the tp, when I removed the screen protector one day because it started peeling, the screen scratched up almost instantly before I could replace the shield. With the Moment, I've been guard free since November and my phone looks like new. My wifes Pre is only a little older and looks like it's been belt sanded and she has used a case most times. I use a belt case when working but keep the phone in pocket all other times and that's often with keys and change. Say what you will about Samsungs support, but they build a tough phone.

4. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Back when the phone first came out there were a slew of questions about protective films. I personally reviewed two kinds and made observations about Zagg's, and I have heard it does a decent job. If they now have a full body cover for the Moment, they didn't last year, so I can't say anything about it. If you do a search of this forum you should be able to find several discussion threads about protectors including the comparison review.

My protector (Phantom Skinz) is finally starting to lose stickiness, but it's been through a lot. The kit came with two sets of protective stickers though, so I'll get the new set on soon and keep on truckin'. It saved my phone quite a few times from some drops on asphalt, gravel, and concrete.

Edit: actual screen protector is holding strong and clear as day. It's the body panel pieces that are wearing down. Being stuffed into pockets all the time has been hard on the glue, apparently!

5. Dragon1

Dragon1 Member

i have the zaggs and i can say it is nice. works just like any other scratch protector, and is very scratch resistant. however it has 2 problems.
    1 Price tag.... way to expensive if you ask me
    2 sticky its hard to explain but its surface is sort of rubbery which adds resistance to any movement on the screen.

i use the cheap 3.99 screen protectors from the local phone store. they work perfect without the big price tag and without the stickiness.

6. HereForTheMoment

HereForTheMoment Member

I have the invisible shield. I personally love this thing. It does make the screen a bit stickier but not so much that you'll be bothered by it... it's way better than having a scratched up screen. I think it's better than those packets of protectors they sell at the store because this thing is on there permanently. You won't have to worry about it peeling off or having to put on a new one every once in a while. I only got the screen protector because I got a case for my phone from sprint... I will definitely consider buying the full invisible shield because this case makes the phone a bit bulky.

7. abrahan

abrahan Well-Known Member

i have had the invisibleshield from zagg for my last 2 phones.

they are great about replacing them under warranty.
    i had to change out 5 HTC Touch Pros and got really good at installing them.

i had my Moment replaced under warranty already and have put 2 on my Moment so far.

takes a little patience but worth it if you find them on sale.