Anyone Hotspot Successful?Support

1. aford89

aford89 New Member

Has anyone found a work around in being able to hotspot with the attain successfully on a computer. i Know it works with tablets but i cannot get it to work on a computer. i changed the UA to android in chrome and i can still only get to Facebook, Youtube, Netflix

Cannot browse anywhere else i am using the wireless tether (root Required)

Advertisement
  2. Huggies

Huggies Member

Are you using the 1 click tether that is free in the market? If so I'm using it and it works fine you might want to try planet its free in the market and see if that fixes your problem.
  3. skinlab

skinlab Well-Known Member

I use easytether. Works good. Got to use cord though.
  4. Havocx23

Havocx23 Well-Known Member

Metro has blocked any traffic not coming from an Android device....

I use PdaNet. There is an option on the computer side program that could fix your problem. it does have to be a wired tether though. After you install the server on your PC, In your system tray Right click on the PdaNet Desktop icon and go to settings>Hide tether usage> and select level 1. That lets me have full access to the internet including online games...

There is a free trial available Idk how much it costs anymore I bought a lifetime license back when I had my Droid Eris probably 3 or so years ago
  5. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Wireless tether works for a bit and then crashes the phone after about five minutes. :(
  6. vicksanders

vicksanders Member

use foxfi.it works for me real well
  7. flatty

flatty New Member

I used to be able to use the built in hotspot app but when I updated to firmware f02 something broke that.