• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone in a 4G zone...

They've really put a lot of work into the 4G network in Baltimore and keep beefing it up. The coverage area keeps getting bigger and bigger on sprint.com.

I wonder what the actual 4G speed readings would be in the actual Baltimore 4G coverage area. I think it should be fantastic.

5.6 down and 1.2 up with 3 bars of signal in my inner harbor hotel room.

Upvote 0
1 to 2 mbps in portland Oregon (4G everywhere). Not pleased!:mad::mad::mad:
Portland is a test market for wimax 2.

Any speed test is flawed, the question, is it fast enough for you?

In most cases, 3g is fast enough, in others wimax can handle what is going on. But remember speed test only show a snap shot in time.

And hspa will slow down with more people, wimax will not.

Upvote 0
typically about 2-3 down, and .75 up, now in rare instances I have seen 6, and as low as 500 with a good 4g signal, also as far as being faster 3g is not true at least in chicago, iphone was getting about 2.1 verizon was getting about 1.7 sprint was at 1.5

now did a lot of verizon vs sprint and verizon seems to have a faster download, but slower upload speeds

Upvote 0
I pulled this In Nashville TN (the network isn't officially lit but in some places its on)

842295318.png

I regulary get 4.5Mb dls and have never seen anything below 2Mb. although it will be interesting to see how that changes when the network "officially" comes on...

i went to speedtest.net on my evo and couldn't find that app ^^^^.
i amusing the one in the market. where do u get that app at?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones