Anyone in KCMO area?

Last Updated:

1. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That has successfully rooted to 2.1. What is the benefit of rooting? Can it be put back to original if I had to make a insurance claim on phone? What would you charge to root mine? I'm a rookie to this stuff.

Advertisement
  2. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

a couple questions... did you allow the OTA update that came out yesterday? if so, it patched your phone so it can't be rooted. second, can you install a program on your computer? if you can install software on your PC, you can root your phone. there is no need to pay someone to install a simple program

rooting itself only grants you full admin access to your phones file folders. that allows you the permission to remove unwanted programs that are taking up space and slowing the phone down since they run even if you don't want them too.

you can always run the 2.1 update again to unroot the phone and submit it for a warranty claim.

3. zx12richard

zx12richard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did the 2.1 but not the off update. Some reason I'm a little afraid to try the root. Afraid half way thru ill screw something up and brick the phone.

4. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

I am in KCMO area, but seriously man it is pretty easy - just walk through the guide step by step.

I have rooted 4 heros thus far just walking through the guide.

PM me if you need help.

P.S. - Based on your screen name you ride...If you ever need tires, suspension adjustments etc - let me know - you can't beat my buddy's prices or quality of his work.