Anyone in the Baltimore area who will root for $$$$

1. adonis4g

adonis4g Well-Known Member

I know root isn't adaptable to stock 2.2yet, but when it is I would like someone experienced to do it for me.I'm sure I'm capable with enough reach, but I'm lazy and don't wanna take a chance of bricking my evo. I had it since launch day and its my baby.i want the most out of it..Thank you.if anyone willing , just reply to thread and I will give you contact information.

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

lol, interesting idea for some side income...

Anyone in the Boston area? I'll root your phone for $20 :)
  3. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

I see ads on craigslist for this pretty often.
    adonis4g likes this.
  4. douknownam

douknownam Active Member

what about maintenance? As in flashing updated roms/etc..? But I guess if you're present while they root your device, then you would learn this process yourself as well.
  5. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

I c urself paying a ton of money they gonna be flashing betas on ur phone left and right so they can keep u going back to them.
  6. uniquenameEVO

Paypal me a dollar and I will retype this using full words for you.
  7. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Payment sent.
    uniquenameEVO likes this.
  8. uniquenameEVO

Best dollar ever :D
    exBBuser likes this.
  9. novox77

excellent. you even fixed the grammar :)
  10. adonis4g

I definitely wanna watch and learn.
  11. angingrich

angingrich Active Member

I live in Hellam (about 55 minutes North on 83), if you're willing to drive up to York (about 40 minutes for you) and meet me somewhere, I'd be happy to do it for you for free.
  12. adonis4g

I'm actually cockeysville so its a little closer to you than baltimore. Mikeadonis@gmail.com. As soon a its possible to root froyo we'll hook up.
  13. IsaacRCCL

IsaacRCCL Active Member

Its best if you just really learn it urself. Because its constantly changing and constant updates are being issued. So its like a cat and mouse game. Reason I wont Root all my friends EVOs. What happens is i become tech support whenever their 4g will crash or cant get coverage, they'll think its the ROM, therefore they'll call me to fix. Or why their PRI says "1.3" and not "1.4," simple crap like that. Its not worth the headaches.
  14. adonis4g

If I just see it once or ok shown s step by step in person I will be able to do all future wipes and flashes myself.
  15. angingrich

angingrich Active Member

I'll do it for you, but I'll show/explain what I'm doing - it's not tricky, especially if you follow the instructions.

Adonis: email me when the root is out and you're available and we can figure something out :)
  16. adonis4g

Most definitely. Sounds like a plan. I'll contact you as soon as a stock Froyo root is found.
  17. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Agreed... I rooted my friend's EVO and now he comes to me for all his updates. I don't really mind but I think that it is best for everyone to root their own phone so they get a little practice with flashing and troubleshooting.
  18. angingrich

angingrich Active Member

Nothing wrong with having somebody with experience there to help :)
    adonis4g likes this.
  19. novox77

Right. They key is that you don't do it for your friend. You let your friend do it, and guide him only when necessary.
  20. Bomix

Bomix Well-Known Member

I agree with Issac, ppl have asked me to root their phone, their nintendo Wii, and TP2, i've said NO because it's best to learn it yourself, and incase I break it, i'll feel horrible for messing up your expensive hardware. Best to DIY, that way you know the process. IT is NOT hard to do. Just have to read up!
  21. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

There are plethora of resources on this forum, you really do not need to pay someone to do this for you. There are youtube videos, root word glossaries, q & a threads in xda forums, and of course, Androidforums (us) to help you through the way. There are many many noob friendly beginner guides that populate this forum.
    Read up before root release, watch the videos and get familiar. By the time 2.2 root comes out, you'll be ready.
    Learning to do it yourself will save you the headache in future ROM updates, kernel flashing etc etc etc
  22. mattpsx2

mattpsx2 Well-Known Member

Well, after the initial root process it becomes much easier to do maintenance on the phone like flashing new kernels and roms. So yeah, like everyone else said, learn the process as it's being done for you, that way you will be set. You should also ask if they know how to return to stock since that may become useful in the future.
  23. IsaacRCCL

IsaacRCCL Active Member

Its not always easy, but nothing thats good ever is. I have no problem helping someone experience the best that their product can offer. But they have to be willing to learn. I spent countless hrs boot looping my phone and posting questions in the forums to understand my mistakes, i expect no less from them.

I rather have them call me an say, "Yo isaac, i tried to root my phone but i'm having problems in understanding how to update the drivers"

instead of them calling me and saying " Yo Isaac, come root my phone, i looked at the site you gave me, it just looks hard. Come and do it for me"

I can understand people not being computer savvy, but thats not an excuse in my book. I dont know how to cook very well but that doesnt stop me from trying and eating than starving.

those are just my 2 cents