Anyone in the Denver Area

Last Updated:

1. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've spent about 5hrs trying to root my Incredible and have failed. I've used 3 diffrent computers Visa and 7. Diffrent cards and still nothing. So if anyone is in the Denver area and wants to try to root my Incredible that would be awesome. Throw in some Beer or Food to sweeten the deal lol

Advertisement
  2. Viral

Viral Active Member

I'm in Denver!! but I have a rule about meeting people irl from the internet.

I just don't do it ;\

3. Diabl0

Diabl0 Well-Known Member

I'd do it for you if I was closer. I love messing with this phone! :)

4. SeaGrizzly

SeaGrizzly Well-Known Member

Hey what Restaurant do you own down in Denver? I am in Summit County and got my phone all setup. I could maybe give you some tips but I don't make it down to Denver very often.

5. bubbleywine

bubbleywine Well-Known Member

I'm in denver as well and have been losing to root there is a store that's charging 50i told them to piss off but I could use help too

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

6. ChiTownJim

I think I wanna get it on my own, will make the expierence better. Was a little frustrated yesterday after spending about 4hrs Sunday and then another 3hrs yesterday trying to get root only to fail.
    I am going to try a couple other methods, might also try to take out my XP laptop and try it on that next weekend.

7. ChiTownJim

Called Urban Chefs Grill & Catering

I am determined to beet root on my own now, but taking a few days off before I try again

8. bubbleywine

well let me know if you succed because i could use help good look

9. SeaGrizzly

SeaGrizzly Well-Known Member

Sure, let me just tell you guys it all has to do with the driver as far as I can tell. I rebuilt my laptop with windows 7 64bit and didn't install HTC sync and just used the driver from the Unrevoked package to get root right away with my phone. You need the replace the driver that shows up as Android 1.0 I believe. I should have taken better notes, but I will tell you once you have the driver installed correctly it worked fine for me even with the 8gig SD from my old Storm. Also try and format you SD card as FAT32 from Win 7 and this may help. I might have been lucky but I have downgraded and rooted 3 times now with this setup and have had no issue. It also seems that each phone might be different so this might not even apply.

If you are super stuck and I have the time I could stop in and see if my laptop would work with your phones.

10. Viral

Viral Active Member

okay fine I'll help the people in denver..

my fee is a 12 pack of pepsi

11. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

I Rooted using my Win 7 64bit laptop and did it with the HTC sync drivers installed no problem. Also, used a high quality class 6 16GB MicroSD card too. It took me two tries and i did have to use the "loop" method, but it wasn't too much trouble at all. I wish more people were having an easier time with it.

12. ChiTownJim

I'm gonna try a few more times before I give up, but if I continue to fail I may take you up on that lol

13. bubbleywine

I think I can handle that pepsi it is

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk