• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone in UK having iPlayer problems?

Haven't managed to find a lollipop rom that works with iPlayer yet... will play fine for a min and then as soon as the on screen controlls vanish, the screen goes black (apart from Oxygen when it goes blury like the lock screen).

Oddly this only happens with streamed programs. If you download them things seem to play back fine.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Cool cool mate cheers.
So when you download a program does it play through your chosen video player or through BBC media player?
(trying to narrow down if it's iPlayer that's the problem or BBC media player... When i ask a program to download it just says "pending" or something and never downloads)
EDIT just realised it only downloads over wifi. Wtf man..i dont have wifi but have unlimited data!! That pisses me off.
Nearly as bad as Demand 5 which will only stream over wifi... A MOBILE app that only works with wifi lol *rant over :D

Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIO and psionandy
Upvote 0
Completely coincidentally I happened to open Iplayer today, and its working fine on the latest build of Euphoria, which is a 5.1 rom... just thought i'd mention it.
Cool cheers mate. Must be a cyanogen OS 5.0.2 issue :(
I recently bought a cheap Android TV stick anyway so problem solved (until I wanna watch in bed lol).
The dolphin work around works fine on the OPO though.
Only issue I'm having with the Android stick is that All4 and Demand5 claim it's rooted (it definitely isn't lol), even their websites won't work. Still looking for a work around for that.
Anyway off topic sorry peeps :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones