Anyone Interested in a rooting live, "how to"?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Breakthecycle2, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Breakthecycle2

Jul 10, 2009
    Hey guys,

I am new here, but am an active member on the XDA forums and the T-Mobile forums. At 8:30 PM, EST today, July 10, I will be hosting a chat on how to root and install HERO (JacHero's 2.5r2), or another Rom if you so wish. I have an easy way to root. Total process takes 1 hour or so. If you interested, please post here.

Advertisement
  2. Breakthecycle2

Jul 10, 2009
    ANYONE, that wants to "join in", needs the following BEFORE hand. This is just to make things quicker and easy. Last week, I spent a total of 22 hours (NOT exaggerating) helping a member.

This will help you install a HERO ROM. IF you don't want to use Hero, thats fine.

Things you must have and need before hand.

1. A freshly formatted SD card (2, 4 or more GB) and an SD card Reader. These things are very important. Must be formatted to FAT32.

2. Wifi connection (if possible)

3. New Radio found here: http://sapphire-port-dream.googlecode.com/files/ota-radio-2_22_19_26I.zip

4. Haykuro's SPL found here: http://sapphire-port-dream.googlecode.com/files/spl-signed.zip

Have these downloaded and CLEARLY labeled so there is no confusion when you install them.

5. Paragon Partiton manager found here: Thank you for downloading Paragon Partition Manager (Personal) from Download.com

6. JAC Hero Rom, version 2.5 found here: Index of /justanotherdev

I recommend having a back up SD card just in case, but an SD card reader is a MUST. ($7-$10 bucks at Staples)

Disclaimer: I am in NO WAY responsible for damages that CAN/MAY occur with rooting, including bricking your phone, however, if you follow directions, you should be fine. I have yet to have a problem I cannot get out of with these phones, BUT it is possible to severly damage your phone.

3. Breakthecycle2

Jul 10, 2009
  4. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Software Engineering Student
    Victoria,BC
    I don't think I'm up for rooting right now but I might sit in just to see what it's all about..

5. 92drls

92drls Member

Jul 11, 2009
    T-Mobile
    I'm down but wont have the touch until wed.. I'm on the T-Mo forums too but its been awhile. I work there so if any questions, ask. Although, I get the distinct feeling everyone here hates t-mobile so I'll just chill and learn stuff lol....

****ers

6. Breakthecycle2

Jul 10, 2009
    My Touch cant be rooted yet

I will do another one tonight at 8:00 PM EST if anyone is interested

7. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    is that for the G1 your talking about? just curious i have Rogers magic aka G2 aka... lol anyway i heard there were certain rom for rogers and others for other magic

8. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One...
    VIP Member

As far as builds go yes there are builds based on specific origins like rogers, t-mo US etc... however most newer/custom builds include all the best features from all locations and are usually based on ADP... if you want to see what builds are out there go here : Android Build Downloads

9. Breakthecycle2

Jul 10, 2009
    Im doing another one tonight if you guys want.

10. Mr Bloppy

Mr Bloppy Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    i would but i just sent my phone 2 tmobile for bricking it when i tried to install the super hero ROM. =(. they say we can pick it up 2morrow. FINNALY