Anyone into firearms? Post some pics

Last Updated:

1. Brausso

Brausso Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I spend quite a bit of time on firearm threads and figured I would try to bring some of that here. I figure maybe post a pic of your favorite firearm and tell why. Here is a picture of my LMT MRP Defender 5.56 It's my favorite of my AR's and never had a malfunction. It's machined very well and accurate as hell.

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I'm too broke to go buying guns right now, but I can dream... My favorite gun is the M-134 "Minigun" I don't think I have to explain why :D
    [​IMG]

Or its big brother the GAU-8
    [​IMG]

3. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

I don't have anything special, just old stuff my father bought for me and my great-great grandfather's old rifle. I want to buy a smaller handgun, was thinking .22 just for plinking but may go with somehting like a 9mm just to have a little more should I need it. I'm nearsighted in my right eye but right handed so it makes it hard to shoot without a scope, I'm going to go to one of those ranges and take a basic how to shoot class so I can get with an instructor and see if I should try shooting left handed or just use glasses or what.

4. xxINFIDELxx

xxINFIDELxx Well-Known Member

Look like a .22 to me.

5. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

Sounds cliched but I've always loved the AK-47. It's just a brilliant design. Simple firing mechanism means it's simple to maintain and can handle pretty much any terrain. It's the most popular assault rifle for a reason.

I also love snipers, and sniper rifles by extension.

6. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I don't own any firearms but every chance I get I try to go over to the shooting ranges in PA to relieve some stress, if you catch my drift.

Fav weapon to shoot: H&K MP5

[​IMG]

7. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

I own a few... Carry a Dan Wesson CBOB .45 daily, have a mossberg 500A for winged creatures, Weatherby .308 for the hooved creatures, a Marlin 981T for the far away furry woodland creatures and a Browning Buckmark for the close proximity furry woodland creatures...

But I would rather shoot my Bear Truth II any day of the week. :)

Also, Brausso... that's a .22lr chambered Smith and Wesson M&P... not a 5.56 Lewis Machine and Tool... sorry. Good attempt though.

Here is a pic of the daily carry... since this pic, swapped out the trigger for a Ed Brown Solid Short trigger... looks much better IMO...

[​IMG]

But here is my choice of shooting apparatus...

[​IMG]

Because it does this...

[​IMG]

:)

8. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

Don't have a whole lot of fire-arms right now, slowly re-building my life lol (sold most of my guns and other posessions during a divorce, worth it yes, still sucked though) but I do still have a couple of shotguns, couple rifles (nothing fancy at all), and my pride and joy out of two pistols I own and my everyday carry gun my HK P2000sk 9mm.

:D

9. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I shot off the P2000 at one of the ranges I went to once. I like it a lot. It's actually one of my fav pistols in a few videogames too.

10. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

i like the p2000 but the sk is a sub compact version of the reg p2000, shorter grip & barrel, two interchangeable back plates for the grip instead of the three that the full size comes with, but damn if it doesnt shoot nice. i cant find the night sights for it anywhere though, been on backorder for almost a year now, meh. :-/

11. Brausso

Actually, that pic was pulled from the web because I didn't have my phone with me to upload pics. Here are a few to satisfy your doubt. Since I'm in the pic mood, here are my two EDC's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kimber Pro Carry II in a comp-tac minotaur

[​IMG]

My G20 10mm in a crossbreed supertuck

[​IMG]

12. Brausso

If you ever get a chance, the HK 416 is amazing.

13. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

Can you CCW with that setup? I want to carry my Glock 17, but I'm finding it hard to conceal. What do you wear with your 20?

Here are my toys:

[​IMG]

Glock 17. Got this brand new with adjustable sights, an extended mag release, two mags, all original paperwork, box, even a never opened lock at the recent gun show for $430 out the door.

[​IMG]

Ruger Mark III. My bullseye pistol and basic plinker/fun gun. I've installed a Bushnell red dot scope, a volquartzen sear, drilled and tapped the trigger for set screws to adjust over-travel and pre-travel, and Hogue grips with a thumb rest. Hits whatever you put the dot on at 25 yards, every time. Trigger pull is just under three pounds. And yes, the dot scope goes to ELEVEN!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, my "Dirty Harry" gun. A Taurus Tracker with a 6.5" barrel chambered in .17hmr. It's a squirrel exploder out to 100 yards. Of course, shooting that far with open sights is damn near insane with a handgun, so I'm planning on putting a 2x zoom pistol scope on it one of these days. As it is, it's an incredibly accurate gun and a lot of fun to shoot.

[​IMG]

14. rwZephyr

rwZephyr Well-Known Member

Canada's firearm laws suck.. We can pretty much just get hunting rifles and shotguns, no concealed weapons, etc.

15. Cajun83

No doubt here... just calling what I saw...

My first pistol was a Kimber Custom II. Loved it but had to dump it. Put it through the paces to carry daily but for some reason couldn't get it to run 100% through a whole box of quality hollow points no matter what mags I ran and what manufacturer I used. Used a few different Wilson mags, some of the springfield factory mags and even picked up some Tripp Research mags... tried every brand of quality JHP's I could get my hands on and still couldn't trust it. Tried doing some basic reliability tuning on it but never got it completely ironed out.

I now carry the CBOB in a Comp-Tac MTAC... couldn't pay me to use any other holster for IWB carry.

16. Brausso

I conceal my G20 just fine. I use the crossbreed supertuck with it. It's really not that hard to tell you the truth. My G20 is my favorite hand gun, so I like to carry it as much as possible. Have you tried a decent IWB holster before? As long as you have a good set up like a comp-tac or a crossbreed, it's really not that bad at all.

17. Brausso

I've had some issues with my Kimber, but it seems to be fine since my "break in period". They say to shoot 500 rounds before it's broken in. I really like the G20 10mm, but it's a littler bigger than my Kimber. I'd like to get the G29 which is the subcompact version of the 10mm.

18. Brausso

I hear ya my friend. I got divorced last year and had to sell a few of my own. Hopefully you're better off after the divorce ;)

19. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here's my Kimber Stainless II 1911... easily my favorite gun. Extremely dependable (over 2000 rounds without a single problem).

20. Cajun83

Yeah, I really gave it a good, long shot. I really wanted it to iron out so I could depend on it but after about 8 months of tinkering, shooting and about 1500 rounds... still wasn't acting right. Thought about keeping it just as a range toy for when someone started talking smack about how accurate their pistol was but needed to sell it to pick up the DW. Glad I did as DW discontinued the CBOB a couple months back and they are extremely difficult to get now. The bobtailed grip makes it a joy to carry but even it is giving me some headaches as far as JHP's are concerned. The barrel link is about 1/64" too long and allows the barrel to slide back, over the ramp. The little protrusion catches some JHP's but ball runs fine so I am currently running ball through it. Have to get in touch with my smith and get him to swap out the link as I don't have a press capable of removing the link pin.

I wish mine would have been flawless as far as reliability goes. It was an absolute tackdriver within pistol ranges. I have been thinking of picking up another Kimber at some point but after shooting my DW, I don't think I could walk into a shop and put money on the table and not leave with another DW. Been looking hard at the RZ-45 Heritage model.

Also thinking of picking up a XDm 3.8 in the next few months. Just waiting for Comp-Tac to give me the word that they have MTAC's ready for them. Had a XD-40 Service that ran like a top but it was too bulky for IWB (was spoiled with 1911's in the waistband) at the time. Had a chance to test run a XDm a few weeks back at the local shop and love the way it feels. Fits perfectly on my hip even with a cheap galco holster. With the MTAC it would be perfection. Gonna go with the 9mm though this time around... because I need some variety in my life. lol

21. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I don't have pics of my guns, but I have....

Glock 19 9mm
    Glock 26 9mm
    Kel-Tec P11 9mm
    Mossberg 500 12Ga

22. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

Here's a few of mine.

[​IMG]

23. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Nice.

These are my babies right here:

Storm CX4

[​IMG]

Storm PX4

[​IMG]

between my family and I (5 people) Have have 10 of each....

All of them interchangeable...(clips) with 30 round mags(extended) and plenty of ammo if anything bad should happen =D

Got a walther ppk(stays in the car, loaded. I transport money quite a bit) as well as a few shotty's, one magnum .357, and a .22 rifle just for fun.

And we are ordering some tripods for the CX4's =D

Getting these in illinois is a PITA. I swear I want to move to texas...

24. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

That just pisses me off. We can't own over half those in California.

25. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

That's why you move out of cali =P

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.