• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone just using the DInc as a pda?

I considered an iPod Touch for the same reason - was thinking I could just use it on WiFi and it's miles cheaper than a smartphone. Would have considered an equivalent Android device if one existed.

I decided that the real advantage of these smartphones is internet, everywhere. I would not have been satisfied using it only on WiFi. I think you might be surprised at the number of places you will want or would use internet if it were available. I use it constantly - a smartphone has actually substantially changed how I shop, how I use my computer, and how I access information.

I use it LOTS at stores, looking for reviews, comments or prices. When questions bounce into my head, I look them up immediately. I am less attached to my computer because even important stuff (emails, ticket purchasing, work-related stuff) can often be handled on the phone.

Plus I hate carrying multiple devices.

Just my $0.02. Your needs might be different.

Upvote 0
I am just not impressed with paying $90+ for service. I loved my old lifedrive (Palm). I don't mind having separate devices. I have plenty of wifi.

It's not that good as a PDA. I had a Windows Mobile PDA, and that thing had rich, powerful applications like ListPro, DayNotez, and MyLifeOrganized. Android has nothing that is remotely as powerful yet. Maybe it'll come, but there are a lot of people bemoaning the lack of a ListPro-type app, for example.

It's really kind of disappointing how immature and underpowered the Android apps are. Maybe the ecosystem will eventually develop. But ListPro on Windows Mobile sells for $29.95. I would happily pay that much for an equivalent Android app, but I don't know if the Android user base will buy an app that costs more than $2.99.

So far, very disappointed in Android as a PDA platform.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones