Anyone know a good app for listening to podcasts?Support

Last Updated:

1. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I listen to mostly fantasy football podcast. Have used Stitcher for the longest time, but it started running like crap a couple weeks. Hardly works at all now. Anyone know of another good app?

Advertisement
  2. JimmyHat

JimmyHat Well-Known Member

I use Google Listen. It's pretty good. My only complaint is that there is no "exit the app" selection.

3. cpirner

cpirner Member

Bump on the Listen reccomendation.

I use it every day on my commute to work and think it is really good

4. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

Listen

5. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

DogCatcher its a 7 dollar app but well worth the money.

Better than Listen, more options to do what you want IMO

6. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got listen. Won't open because says I need a gmail account to sync and to go to the system settings to set one up. I have a gmail account synced to my phone already. What do I need to do?

7. Memitim

Memitim Member

Listen is functionally great, but buggy as hell. I have to reboot regularly just to get it to stop playing a podcast. Sometimes it will be nearly impossible to download a new episode if I lose connectivity while downloading; i.e., going from wi-fi to 3g during an update.

I found this thread searching for a replacement for Listen because as much as I like it, I am tired of the bugs that Google has failed to address for months. I wouldn't even mind so much if there was a Quit function to force close the app, but alas there isn't, so when the application buttons once again stop responding, it's time for another reboot just to stop playback.

So try Listen as you might have better luck with it than I have, but be forewarned that a great many of us have problems with it.

8. cpirner

cpirner Member

I had the same problem with the login error after updating to 2.2

After trying a few alternatives I went back and tried Listen again and it all of a sudden was happy with my main Gmail account setup on the phone.

Kind of strange as I don't think that I updated the Listen app......it just started working!?

Give it a try again, I think it is worth it for the nice simple functional interface of Listen. I only listen to a couple podcasts so I really don't need too many fancy features.

I don't experience any of the bugs people talk about (like having it forget my listening progress).

Make sure you have a Google Reader account setup as this is where it keeps your feeds.

Craig

9. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there are so many fans of Listen. I tried it and was thoroughly unimpressed. The feeds available seemed limited and, as mentioned, the app is buggy as hell. I use doggcatcher myself. The price is a bit steep at first, but it's got lots of feeds available and it just works.