Anyone know a solution/alternative to this?Support

Last Updated:

1. adamfattah

adamfattah Member This Topic's Starter

I just upgraded myself and the CFO at our company here to the Droid X. Couple things that i cant seem to figure out.

1) No Confirmation on Deleting an email? The delete key is at the very bottom right of an email and he tends to push it on accident. I've tried searching for an app of some sort or an option but cannot find anything.

2) Anyway to change the background color of the menu screen? Not the home page but the actual Settings page/menu/email pages etc.. If your outside in the sun its impossible to read it with black background white text. Coming from a blackberry where it was white background, black text.

3) This seems like a big issue, sound profiles. You can only set profiles by time of day or situations? You cant set them by case. I cant believe this phone can do so much but cannot make a different notification for a text message than an email. I should be able to set personal email (gmail/hotmail/etc) to one tone and work (company activesync) to another tone.

If anyone has an alternative to this please let me know, many many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Well to change the settings for your sounds go into you text messaging program and press menu>settings then change your sounds. Same for email. I just looked and I can change the sounds for each one.

3. InfiniteWalrus

InfiniteWalrus Active Member

You can set the individual tones in each app. it's kind of annoying that there's not a centralized place for all of it.

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

I'll take a stab at this.
    1. go into the email program you are having problems with. Just open the app, not an email. then press the menu button. Is there an option there to confirm deletion?

2. Until the ability to Load customer ROMS is acheived, there is no way to change things like this in the system. What you CAN do it turn the screen brightness all the way up when viewing things out in the sun. It is a GIANT screen so there is going to be some degree of washout.

3. I'm not sure which apps you are using for personal or corporate email, but if you go into each individual app (ie Gmail, Messages, Email, etc...) and go into the menu, there should be an option to set up seperate ringers for each app. You cannot however set up different notifications for different contacts unless you download some third party apps for messaging and email (ie Handsent, K9, chompSMS, touchdown, etc....)

5. adamfattah

adamfattah Member This Topic's Starter

Appreciate all the replies.

Gmail is the only service account on the X that gives you the "Delete Confirmation" option. If you go into the menu for corporate email or live/hotmail you dont have that option.

As far as the notifications go, you cannot have different notifications for each account. Yes you can go to menu and select a different notification but it changes it on all of them. I just set my corp email to notification A, if i change my personal email to notification B, corp emails also gets changed to notification B.

Hope this gets fixed :/