• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone know any good alternatives for RUNKEEPER?

Jynks

Sep 18, 2010
Hi there....

Is there anything out there that compares to RUNKEEPER? i really like it but woudl liek some of teh elite stuff but a monthly fee... that seasm a bit steep....

Q:- Anyone know a good alternative to runkeeper that is just a single payment, by the software and your done.. type thing?

I am not not looking for a lot of teh hardcore runkeeper stuff.. but just record keeping some data stuff liek graphs and all that would be fine.

I have used CardioTrainer but its not my favorite. I have also used BuddyRunner, SportyPal, and Endomondo. Endomondo has been my favorite. Community features are important to me. I like being able to setup teams, and friends in the online community and I like setting up contests and competitions. Its also important to me that the app I use is available for iPhone, BB, WMO, etc and both Endomondo and SportyPal are.

Reactions: BookLover
Upvote 0
I have used MapMyRun.com for years and love it. I recently gave Runkeeper a shot, but decided MapMyRun was around first and is always on the forefront of new technology. Try out their beta.mapmyrun.com site. You can get a free account and access to the basic features like keeping a training log, searching/creating routes and lots more. Their android app is great too.

Upvote 0
I have used CardioTrainer but its not my favorite. I have also used BuddyRunner, SportyPal, and Endomondo. Endomondo has been my favorite. Community features are important to me. I like being able to setup teams, and friends in the online community and I like setting up contests and competitions. Its also important to me that the app I use is available for iPhone, BB, WMO, etc and both Endomondo and SportyPal are.

DL'ing Endomondo. Sounds just like what I was looking for. Wanted to map my walk with my dog the other day and dl'd Time Walker, but it only works when screen is on and about 15 minutes into my walk, screen went off (I probably should have set the timeout to never), so did not log the rest of my walk. Was bummed.

Hope Endomondo will do a better job!

Upvote 0
I've used iMapMyRun, RunKeeper, CardioTrainer, and Endomondo on my Samsung Fascinate (Verizon's Galaxy S).
iMapMyRun doesn't play nice with the audio, as soon as the voice feedback comes on, headphones don't work. I've seen others having this problem. After the OTA that fixed the GPS issue iMapMyRun and RunKeeper wouldn't get a good GPS lock.
Endomondo has the better web interface, social features, goal setting, and metrics. I really want it to be the winner, but the auto-pause comes on whenever the gps loses signal momentarily. CardioTrainer allows you to set the auto-pause interval, so it plays nicer with gps "blinks".

I landed on CardioTrainer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones