Anyone know any good apps (paid/no adverts)General

Last Updated:

1. m4h1r

m4h1r Member

anyone know any good paid apps or apps without any adverts ?

2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Stevepup and m4h1r like this.
  3. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

Great list, but a few others that aren't on there;
    I find Tablet Market app very useful for finding apps for the tablet. I've come across a few great apps browsing through it.

My top all-time pick, if you're into movies is Mizuu.

Lots of apps (like these two) have the option to try out the free, ad-supported version and upgrade to paid ad-free if you like them. That's a great strategy for devs and I've bought lots of apps that way.
    some others;
    xpiano, musical pro, caustic, kingsoft office, hdr camera, pool break, Age of Wind 2,
    D-U-R-X and nieltab like this.
  4. Valkillmore

Valkillmore Well-Known Member

Audiogalaxy (absolute favorite app!!!!!!)
    Unified Remote
    Chrome2phone (if you use Chrome browser on PC)
    ChromeMarksLite (if you use Chrome browser on PC)
    ES File Explorer
    Netflix if you have subscription
    Opera mobile for phone/tablet web browsing
    MX Video Player
    iMediaShare Lite
    Mighty Text
    Tubemate (not available on market)
    Vlingo (used to work with my tab but now seems unavailable on market)
    WiFi Analyzer

Edit: all above are free but also ad free AFIK.

Paid apps

VLC Direct Pro
    WiFi Explorer Pro
    Juice Defender Ultimate. (Debatable effectivenessnwith wifi only tab but great for my Nexus and Galaxy S phones)
  5. samjim59

samjim59 Member

6. Valkillmore

Valkillmore Well-Known Member

I have to chime in with this paid app I found last night.

It's called Overskreen. Simply put, one of the coolest, and most innovative apps that has hit the market in my opinion.

It allows you to 'float' a browser on your desktop, and even multiple instances. You can resize the windows so you can have a streaming video tucked up in the corner of your desktop, as you navigate your tablet. Very, very cool and I think this will change the face of Androids.

While it works great and the concept is sheer brilliance, nearly bringing my Iconia a500 to laptop capabilities, it is a little rough around the edges. But in all fairness, I believe it is a fairly new app so I expect more changes to come, including more settings options, and a max/minimize window button.

Definitely worth the 2 or 3 dollars though.

Overskreen-The Floating Browser

Not so great with smaller phones.....even including the fairly big screened Galaxy Nexus, but great for tablets.
  7. Andy R

Andy R New Member

I know this thread is a little old, but ....

WiFizer is a paid app that allows you to share files across a local network. Only the person who wants to share the file(s) needs to pay for the paid/full version. Others can download the free/lite version which allows them to download files, but doesn't allow them to share their own files. Neither contains ads.
  8. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

I am looking for a way to do the following. Can you tell me if WiFizer will allow it to work:

I want to maintain a text document on my Droid X phone which will serve as a log file, so I can refer to it quickly on the Droid X - but, I want to be able to edit and save changes to the file from my A500 tablet (where it is a lot easier to type when making lengthy entries). So the file would need to be wirelessly synced between the 2 devices whenever I add entries with the tablet, but I I want to be able to read (and edit, if needed) the document quickly from the Droid X even if the tablet is not accessible at the moment. For this reason, the document needs to reside on the Droid X itself. While editing the document with the tablet, the Droid X would always be with me.

When I tried this by accessing a document created on the Droid X with a LAN wifi connection using a Samba server app, once I edited the document and told Polaris Office on the tablet to save the app (still residing on the Droid X) Polaris simply crashes with an error. So it didn't work. If WiFizer can do this, it is well worth a reasonable price to me.
  9. D-U-R-X

Zoandroid - have you thought about using dropbox? You can install on both devices and should be able to do what you want, as long as you have Polaris on both :)
  10. Zoandroid

Thanks for the suggestion. Although I am generally not inclined to embrace cloud storage, for something like this it might be OK. I'll look into it.

Edit - I just remembered that I have a Google Docs account previously set up to share some documents, but I had not been using it in several months. It seems to work very well for this task. :) Thanks for the reminder.
  11. D-U-R-X

no worries... have been finding DB useful for putting files (generally RUU's and the like) on here for people to download.
  12. Zoandroid

Anyone looking for a nifty metric conversion calculator, check out Metrics Conversion by KALYANI. Not only does it do metric conversions really well and fast, it has the largest group of calculators for various specialized functions I have ever seen! There are 73 different calculators within this single app. Everything from grass seed coverage to board feet to body mass index to building a staircase, and seemingly everything in between. And he also included a world clock. This developer must have put tons of work into this, and it is free! There are so many choices it gets a bit bewildering, but he has a Favorites group where you can save just the ones you use for quicker access.