Anyone know anything about Ubinuri?

Last Updated:

1. jungajuice

jungajuice Active Member This Topic's Starter

I got this email today:

I work at Ubinuri in Korea, which distributes overseas applications in Korea through Korean app stores operated by mobile service operators and by itself.

At first, I would like to request your approval for Ubinuri's provision of information (screenshots and product features) and download service for

Advertisement
  2. Boogs

Boogs Well-Known Member

Hmm... never heard of them. Not too much shows up on a google search either. I did find a thread over at anddev.org that you might want to follow. It looks like someone is about to make a "deal" with them for distribution.

3. BeRadical

BeRadical Member

Did you ever find out if Ubinuri is legit? They just sent me the same e-mail.

4. dev1

dev1 New Member

Hi i recieved one to.
    ive done some research and they dont come up on anything.
    and also i think you can already publish to korea (I think).

5. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

I got that email some time ago. I'd been talking to one of my Korean users already (he was do Korean translations for me) and so I asked what he thought. He'd never heard of them and said that the Korean Android app markets are a mess aside from the official Google one.

Korea does have a massive market though (both of users paying for apps, and of users pirating apps). I highly recommend Korean translations. But just distribute through the official Market. And accept that you'll get a lot of Korean piracy.

6. Blazing Empire

Blazing Empire New Member

I wasn't fully confident about Ubinuri and got a similar email as well. I decided to go through with it, though, and it wasn't a scam. I sent them my .apk and after a few days I was wired the money ($200 but transfer fees made it a little less).
    If you want more details on if this is legit, just ask.

Hope this helps.