• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help anyone know how i can do this?

anyone know how i can use youtube, vevo, and pandora without wifi like when im at school i got no wifi and when i try using it it never plays so can anyone help me?

What network are you on? Metro or Cricket?

Those are serious data intensive apps so if you are on Metro it will never happen unless you use Wifi. I can't speak to Cricket.

Robb

Upvote 0
Im on Metro too and I use Pandora when not on wifi quite often. Sometimes takes a little while to load songs, but when I have a decent signal its not too bad.

Why doesn't anyone just switch to Cricket. The speeds are far greater and they also have the Ascend. Most of the users here who have problems with their Ascend are with Metro. There are no contracts so getting out is easy. Why not change to Cricket? Other than coverage issues, I don't see why.

Upvote 0
Why doesn't anyone just switch to Cricket. The speeds are far greater and they also have the Ascend. Most of the users here who have problems with their Ascend are with Metro. There are no contracts so getting out is easy. Why not change to Cricket? Other than coverage issues, I don't see why.

Check out Cricket and see if you have coverage in your area:

Cricket

PS...For those of you who are happy with MetroPCS...please disregard.

Upvote 0
I agree. If I was with Metro I would take back my phone and tell them I want my money back since it doesn't do what it's supposed to because of their network limitations. Like would they have bought this phone if they had known it wouldn't live up to the specs?

I doubt it! False advertising IMO!!!

If I had bought any phone from Cricket and it didn't do what they advertised it would....I would have already sent it back and gotten a full refund. You can't get a refund on the service, but you can on the phone.

Joser....I'm glad you posted this because every time I read a post by one of our friends with Metro about how something isn't working (and it's Metro's fault and not the phone) it really annoys me that there are carriers out there allowed to get away with this.

Check out Cricket and see if you have coverage in your area:

Cricket

PS...For those of you who are happy with MetroPCS...please disregard.

Also, I am not bashing MetroPCS as a whole...but I do think it is wrong to sell a phone you know won't do the things you know the consumer is buying it to do.

It does everything for me

Upvote 0
My speeds are slow but the phone does what I need it to do.

When I started with Metro in March of 2010 I was using an LG Imprint. Voice and text with no email. I never surfed with it or DL'd any thing so I never new the speed was slow. I used it for voice and text and it worked flawless.

I'm doing more with this phone which makes you notice the slower DL speed. Other then that my Voice, text and email all work fine. When at home I use Wifi so I only really notice it when at work.

You can't beat the price for a phone with no contract. I would buy it again tomorrow.

Metro is in the process of upgrading the network so I will stick it out for now and see what that brings. 4G will be nice, but will probably require a new phone too.

Robb

Upvote 0
My speeds are slow but the phone does what I need it to do.

When I started with Metro in March of 2010 I was using an LG Imprint. Voice and text with no email. I never surfed with it or DL'd any thing so I never new the speed was slow. I used it for voice and text and it worked flawless.

I'm doing more with this phone which makes you notice the slower DL speed. Other then that my Voice, text and email all work fine. When at home I use Wifi so I only really notice it when at work.

You can't beat the price for a phone with no contract. I would buy it again tomorrow.

Metro is in the process of upgrading the network so I will stick it out for now and see what that brings. 4G will be nice, but will probably require a new phone too.

Robb

Thanks Robb! Like I said in my post.....it wasn't intended for those who are happy with their phones and service.

Just an alternative for the ones who aren't. :)

Upvote 0

I had Metro before any carrier had the ascend and I was very disapointed with the service. I can't speak for data speeds because I didn't have a smartphone with them. So anyway when the Ascend came to Cricket I left Metro because of the bad coverage. I am very impressed with Cricket's excellent coverage and the data speeds are pretty good. If your a Metro user and disappointed with your coverage I really don't think you'll be disappointed with Cricket. Go to their website look at their coverage map to be sure.:)

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
Not to bring this up, but lol metro and cricket are using each others towers.....amongst other various carriers like *coughs*uscellular*coughs*.

Please provide a link with this information. As far as I know, Cricket and MetroPCS have NO relationship.

Cricket, however, has recently signed a 5 year contract to use Sprint's towers in areas where they do not have coverage. And Cricket has lots of towers of its own, btw.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones