Anyone know how to Block numbers or texts?Support

Last Updated: 2012-06-25 04:31:51
  1. Delrahim69

Delrahim69 New Member

I could swear the Elite has the option, I thought I saw it in first few days when getting to know the phone but can't find it again.

Anyone know how to do it? If its even possible?

Advertisement
  2. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

There is an option within contacts to send the caller directly to voicemail. Open the contact, hit the menu button and select options. The box should be there to check for voicemail.

As for texts there is an option on Virgin's page to block a number. Sorry not sure where specifically.
    AndyOpie150 likes this.
  3. VariantVT

VariantVT Active Member

You can block texts on the VM site. It's under Account Activity/Messaging History/Manage Messaging Settings.

Not sure if there is a way to block calls except for sending them directly to voicemail.
  4. nannycrick

nannycrick Well-Known Member

Have you tried..long press the number listed in the Call Log. A sub menu should appear. One of the choices in that menu should be Black List. Press it and the phone's native Contacts app should block it. There may also be settings to tweak under..Call Settings.
  5. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

No option for black list in my submenu.

Call
    View
    Edit before call
    Send text
    Remove from call log

are my only options.
  6. riggerman1

riggerman1 Well-Known Member

That is not an option on stock. If i remember correctly, it is an option in the CM ROMS.
  7. salvy512

salvy512 Well-Known Member

Could DL a blacklist app off the market.
  8. nannycrick

nannycrick Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback MacFett & riggerman1. It's been a long while since I've run "stock" anything. My MT is new. I had it for two hours, remembered that I hate Froyo, and started upgrading. My old man's OV is also CM 7.2. I do his tech work cause he's a caveman. I've been eyeballing the Elite as a possible replacement for his phone. I didn't know the stock rom didn't have this feature. I've been spoiled by CyanogenMOD I guess. It will be interesting to see this little phone develop.
  9. lorenzo3988

lorenzo3988 Member

The best way to block a # is to save it,add as a contact under "Don't answer".Every time that # comes up,ul no wat to do.Also To block texts,go to ur account on VM's webpage.Go to messages,there u shud c something about about #'s to block from txtin u.
  10. download

download Active Member

There is a great free app called "Mr Number".

Will block numbers in your call history, send straight to voicemail, pick up and hang up, block suspected spam callers, or anyone with a "private number".
    Basically does a lot of things. :D