Anyone know how to email a ringtoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. kramericaman

kramericaman Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded a ringtone from an app that had movie sound clips. It works fine as my ringtone, but for some reason I can't seem to find a way to email it to a friend.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. MysteryloverAnne

MysteryloverAnne Well-Known Member

I am curious about this too. I created a couple ringtones using RingDroid and a friend wanted me to send them to her. Any ideas?

3. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

You can download a great file management tool called "Astro" from the app store, its free!

From there you can navigate to your ringtones folder and long press on the song. You will then get a popup to send it via Email or Bluetooth.

If you want to send them via text message I have read in other threads that Handcent SMS or ChompSMS allows you to do this.

Either way, you need Astro on your phone. It is a great app for organizing your SD card.

4. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS still buggy when it comes to ringtones. They need to be very small under 200k to even attach it to the mms and then it just freezes. I'll try chomps sms and see if it works.

No ringtone option on chompssms

5. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

1 way to do it

1. send via email to their number(mms) phonenumber@vzwpix.com

That's if they have verizon. I don't know how to for AT&t or other carriers.
    You can't send it to your self and forward them cause they will get no sound. It must be something that Android 2.0 does to the file prior to sending it via mms. It love to convert messages on its own and ringtones don't like it. It convert pictures and video as well but with no effect to the recipient.

6. BottledHate

BottledHate Well-Known Member

i use "oi file manager". in integrates into the default menus. when you add an attachment in gmail, "oi file manager" is an option as well as "gallery". allowing you to select any file on your sd card for mailing.