Anyone know how to get pc to recognize behold 2?

Last Updated:

1. kreedlove1

kreedlove1 New Member This Topic's Starter

For whatever reason my comp no longer recognizes my phone and i've tried everything i know to do like downloading new driver software and everything. a friend of mine said it may be my after market data cord thats not encoding things right, but there has to be some way to fix this problem. i can't download anything onto my phone...someone please help!!:eek:

Advertisement
  2. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

Try another USB slot, if your using vista/win7 make sure driver signing is off. Other than that it could be the cord if you had it working fine previously.

3. bdc

bdc Member

You didn't state what computer OS you are trying to use, but sometimes there's nothing you can do except find another computer that works. I used to be able to reliably flash ROMS and sync files to my Behold II with my Windows XP box, then reformatted to put a fresh installation of Windows XP back on, and now can no longer keep a connection to my phone (the phone is recognized, but once I start trying to transfer files/etc, it soon craps out and the event log shows disk controller read/write errors). I used the exact same cable to my Windows XP laptop and it worked fine, so it was clearly a software/driver issue, but removing and reinstalling the drivers had no effect.

The problems get even worse if you're running Windows 7 or a 64-bit operating system. Good luck.