Anyone know how to hide the voice-mail password from showing on the lock screen?General

Last Updated:

1. jamesmce

jamesmce Member This Topic's Starter

Ok bear with me.
    So you decide that you want to add your password to your voice-mail on your eris, this is helpful especially with the proximity sensor, as it appears to disable the screen for a couple of seconds when listening for please enter password.

So you input your password for your voice-mail on your phone and now when someone call and leaves a message, it shows on the bottom of the lock screen you have a new message and *86ppXXXX# and your password.

Anyone know how to hide the voice-mail password from showing on the lock screen?

Advertisement
  2. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

I've been wondering this too...

3. jmastron

jmastron Well-Known Member

Sprint and AT&T (and probably others) have an option in the voicemail system to not ask for a PIN if you're calling from your own phone. Verizon doesn't seem to have that.

One "solution" is to use Google Voice and busy/no-answer forwarding -- not only does it have the option to not ask for a PIN from your own phone, but it can transcript and SMS you the message itself (not perfectly, but well enough to get the gist of the VM and decided whether it's important etc).

4. sgoldwa

sgoldwa Member

YouMail also has this feature (not requiring your password if calling from your own phone). However, don't use the actual YouMail app as it eats battery life -- call into each each time.

5. jamesmce

jamesmce Member This Topic's Starter

ok so far the only thing I found that works is to setup another contact and save it to speed dial #2

6. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Alternately you can set up the VM speed dial to also send your password. While that will keep folks from KNOWING your password, it will also make it easy for anyone who access to your phone to call in to your voicemail.

If you want to do this, the setting for it is under settings/call settings/voicemail.
    On mine I have two pauses (the 'P' on the setup screen) before it dials my password. Be sure and put a '#' (pound sign) after your password because the VM expects that.