• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone know how to stop music from auto-playing?

starbai

Mar 23, 2010
Hi guys.

Got a nexus one and on it is Android 2.1 I believe?

I plug my car's headphone style cable into the phone all the time to listen to internet radio and even the internal mp3's on it every once in a while

The problem is the phone's music player starts all the time on its own and plays random music... OVER whatever internet radio app I may be using.

Its so annoying and I can't figure out how to make it stop.

Out of no where listening to iHeartRadio, or DroidLive, the Mp3 native music players starts and plays.

I've read people saying use the drop down (notification) to go into the app, and hit pause, then the phone's back button to get out and that that particular order will stop it.

BUT IT DOESN'T! at least not for me.

One of the things I used my iPhone for more than even as a phone was internet radio through my car speakers... if I can't get this auto-play feature to stop, I may just put the phone back up for sale... its really irritating!

Any help would be SERIOUSLY appreciated.

Even if its instructions on how to delete the native music app and a suggestion for another 3rd party music app... anything... just HAVE to get rid of this auto play thing... please! :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones