• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone know if there is a way to block calls with the n4?

My friend was showing me how his gs2 has an option to block certain phone numbers. I was unable to find such a feature on my phone.

There are apps (Extreme Call Blocking gets good reviews), but in the N4 menu is a feature that may be useful for some users.

To block incoming calls from a number, follow these steps:

1. From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
  2. Tap People.
  3. Tap the name of the contact you want to block.
  4. Tap the Menu icon.
  5. Tap to select All calls to Voicemail

Upvote 0
Im using CM10.1 rom and it has a option to blacklist numbers from your call log. I don't know if that option is in stock roms, or is an extra feature from CM rom.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372614521320.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372614521320.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
No need to get too technical with this. I actually just resolved a problem in my life by blocking a few numbers last week. Quickly scanned for some apps and I landed on app called Mr. Number. Works like a charm!! I cant say enough good things about it. So many options so many things, and it was free. I was quite shocked actually! Hope it helps ya!

Upvote 0
Do they have auto-forwarding features? Several years ago, we used to get calls constantly from the photo section of Wal-Mart(wtf?)....so we set up our home phone to automatically forward that number to their own store.

Well I set up mine to go straight to voicemail for whoever I was blocking and to never notify me about anything. So nothing ever comes through. The app itself keeps track of all texts calls and voicemails, for you if you want to listen or read later) of the person you blocked. There was also some option that allows for the call to be picked up and automatically hung up on.

I dont know if it has the function you just described because I didnt explore that much, but it has quite a lot of things from what I saw. I just needed the block call deal. Didnt care how.

Upvote 0
I don't know of a full out block on the phone, but one option that can be handy is if there is one number that calls consistently that you prefer didn't, you can add that number as a contact and then under the people app, select the option to send all calls from that number directly to voicemail.

I do this, and since I use Google Voice for voice mail I have a group called "Ignore Call" and have a special blank voice mail message for that group. Since most of the calls I have in that group are automated calls, when they go to voice mail they are never triggered because they get a blank message instead of a voice that triggers the transfer to a live call center person.

Upvote 0
Im using CM10.1 rom and it has a option to blacklist numbers from your call log. I don't know if that option is in stock roms, or is an extra feature from CM rom.

hi, I've got that option on my nexus 4 phone. Do you know how I could view the numbers on the 'blacklist'? So I could remove numbers that from that list..
Reason is..
I'm currently having an issue with my phone where selected numbers are unable to reach me. When they call, the phone rings for about 1 second and then disconnects. My girl's office number has somehow made it to that list too! She says she simply hears the engaged/busy tone. Most numbers can still get through to me without an issue.

I'm wondering if some numbers have somehow made it to the above blacklist?

I've never used any blocking apps or the blacklist optionsin the past. However, Since having this issue, I've downloaed two call blocker apps (Blocker and Mr Number) in the hope that these will pick up any 'blocked' numbers. However, these apps did not pick up any such numbers.

I'm not sure if the problem is with the network or my phone. Will greatly appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones