• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone know of an app that can...?

david004

Lurker
Dec 10, 2010
Hello Android users,

I have a new HTC Desire HD and I am loving it. I hope someone might help with a few small problems.

1) The phone takes 8MP photos, which are then too large to load quickly in the Gallery app (it takes a very long time for thumbnails to appear and flicking between them often freezes). I would like an app that will sync my photo folders from my PC to the device but in a lower resolution. Basically what Itunes does when syncing photos.
I will then just cut photos off my device into my photo folders regularly.

2) An app that will let me highlight pdf documents?

3) An app that creates a wireless server so I can map a folder from my PC?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

1) The phone takes 8MP photos, which are then too large to load quickly in the Gallery app (it takes a very long time for thumbnails to appear and flicking between them often freezes). I would like an app that will sync my photo folders from my PC to the device but in a lower resolution. Basically what Itunes does when syncing photos.
I will then just cut photos off my device into my photo folders regularly.

I tried reading this many times, but I can't figure out what you are trying to say.

Your phone takes photos in a high resolution, but they open slowly in the Gallery app.

Next you start talking about syncing photos from your computer (presumably not taken with your phone's camera) to your phone.

So I'm confused about what you are trying to do.

If the photos taken with the phone's camera are too large, you can decrease the resolution in the camera settings.

I also don't know what you mean by "cut photos off"??? Do you mean crop???

Upvote 0
...3) An app that creates a wireless server so I can map a folder from my PC? ...

For simply work with folders/files on LAN shares over WiFi I use a file manager (Estrongs File Explorer, free in market).
With Estrongs there is no need to install a host programm on PC :)
... and if you have a NAS on LAN it will work too.

Harry

Reactions: david004
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones