Anyone know (or have a guess) at how much of an impact "syncing" really has on the battery?Support

Last Updated:

1. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

One night I turned most of my sync's of facebook/sportstap/news feed/weather/google down from around 1 hour updating to once a day updating (basically where they wouldn't be updating at all) and in the morning my battery life use was just about the same as it was the 3 days prior that I was monitoring, meaning it really didn't make much of a difference.

Does anyone know what the actual impact syncing causes on the phone and battery? I am wondering if it has such a small impact that it's not really worth worrying aboout.

Advertisement
  2. Hand76

Hand76 Guest This Topic's Starter

Bump

Don't you guys have the same question?

3. cashX3r0

cashX3r0 Well-Known Member

well, the more you sync, the more your phone is in use. but syncing only takes about 10 seconds, so that wont be the death of the batt. unless after the sync the 3g stays on for an extended time till it times out. that would be the death of the batt. i notice that my phone gets warm sometimes when it should be in standby. that would be the rogue app doing battery drain rituals, i suppose.