Anyone know what the new update fixed besides the fps cap?Support

Last Updated:

1. speedy0339

speedy0339 Active Member This Topic's Starter

The only thing that i found out so far, is that they removed the fps cap, and the phone is ALOT smoother. Moving between home screens is a lot faster now too.

Advertisement
  2. makisupa79

makisupa79 Well-Known Member

Fixed something with adding events to the calendar and multiple gmail account sync. The FPS fix is amazing though. Between that and newly discovered 4G in my area its like a brand new phone.

3. speedy0339

speedy0339 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Where do u live?

4. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

I believe the GPS reset glitch was fixed too.

5. makisupa79

makisupa79 Well-Known Member

Cleveland. The 4g isn't official yet, I imagine it could be sporadic until they announce it, but it's up where I am now.

6. squiretrev

squiretrev New Member

It also appeared to fix the 2.2 issue of picture slideshows not playing over the hdmi out. it did with 2.1 but mine stoped with 2.2 but after this update it started working again

7. sintricate

sintricate Well-Known Member

It allows the ShootMe app to work again on non-rooted phones, pandora sounds normal again (it used to sound terrible) and personally I'm able to upload video to youtube now and before the update it would always get stuck at 1%.

8. marvinlh

marvinlh Well-Known Member

I know is a stupid question to most of u..but what exactly is the update? And what does fps do for your phone?

9. shantytownbrown

shantytownbrown Well-Known Member

its been a while since i checked, o i am not sure if this was fixed before, but now my facebook app's "notifications" now work...where i was getting an "unable to retireive" error previously...

10. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

It's a piece of software released by HTC to update our EVO's to the latest software that we can run. There were a few minor things addressed but the big deal is that the update unlocked the phone so that the screen is capable of displaying more than 30 frames per second. In plain English this resulted in a huge increase in smoothness on the phone. For me it was absolutely amazing how much it improved my EVO. I didn't have too many complaints about the smoothness before the update but now that I see the difference it is like night and day. The browser scrolls very smoothly where it used to be sort of jumpy. The app menu used to be quite jerky, now also smooth. I even notice that the notification pane slides down in a very fluid motion now, it used to be jumpy like most of the interface was prior to this update.