Anyone know what this widget is please?General

Last Updated: 2013-02-03 09:54:46
  1. wacjac

wacjac New Member

Hi all,

First post....

Had a One X for a couple of days now - today it wanted me to update software - to Android Version 4.1.1 - Software Version 3.16.110.4 - which I allowed it to do.

Once it restarted, it had added 'Power Saver' - but more importantly a few widgets have now disappeared.

There was one in particular on the phone from before the update which I thought was very good....and I'd like it back, but don't know what it's called.

It was on one of the swipe 'home' screens - it was about 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen size and showed a small framed map of exactly where you are with the street name below it - some kind of location widget. I barely got a chance to use it - but I seem to recall if you tapped it, it opened up full-screen Google maps? It's not in amongst the widgets now since the update.

Doe anyone know what it is please - can I get it from the Appstore?

Much appreciated.

PS - It's early days, but I'm also pretty sure that the phone is running a bit slower since the update.

Advertisement
  2. wacjac

wacjac New Member

278 people read this...and no-one knows? Surely someone MUST know? Please.
  3. rod9669

rod9669 Well-Known Member

Have a look under Widgets - is it the Navigate one?
  4. BruceC

BruceC Active Member

Not the Locations one is it? That's still there.
  5. wacjac

wacjac New Member

Thanks for the replies guys - but neither of those. They are both full screen widgets.... the one I'm after is a fraction of this size. I definitely think it's gone off my phone widget collection since the update. I really need to find someone who has just recently got one of these phones prior to that update to have a look at what it's called.
  6. rod9669

rod9669 Well-Known Member

Ask some of the guys on AT&T :)
  7. coos lick

coos lick Well-Known Member

8. wacjac

wacjac New Member

Thanks for the replies.

Coos Lick (great name by the way!) - no, that's not a map type app....hard to see from the small image, but I'm almost certain that's not what I'm looking for.
  9. Dubweiser

Dubweiser Member

There used to be a stock livewallpaper which seems to have disappeared since jellybean update. It may have been that. The livewallpaper used to track your movements. I have no idea what it was called. Hope this helps.