• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone know when Droids PowerVR video card will be used?

chaoticzdh

Nov 9, 2009
Im worried because the droid is the only android to offer this sweet videocard right? so when will developers start using this and how will they let others know its droid only?

I think they need a special place for droid only Games. Id really like to start seeing Iphone like graphic games which the droid will run great but other Android phones will never run.

Worried that might be an issue. Older phones killing thee chance for us to get great games!

Im worried because the Droid is the only Android to offer this sweet videocard right? so when will developers start using this and how will they let others know its Droid only?

I think they need a special place for Droid only Games. Id really like to start seeing Iphone like graphic games which the Droid will run great but other Android phones will never run.

Worried that might be an issue. Older phones killing thee chance for us to get great games!

So what kind of games are you talking about ?

From what I understand all Android phones have the same video abilities. I could be wrong.

Anyway having Droid only Android apps would be counter reductive. In a year or less the Droid will not be the "Phone" anymore.

In less than 1 1/2 years the G1 has been put to the back burner as far as the public is concerned. Although many of us still have them and wouldn't trade them for much.

What if all the apps that first came out were for G1 only. New Android phone owners would not have had apps.

Remember the Droid is an Adroid 2.0 system. That means first Android with Android 2.0. The rest of us can catch you as soon as an update is made available.

Upvote 0
Im worried because the droid is the only android to offer this sweet videocard right? so when will developers start using this and how will they let others know its droid only?

I think they need a special place for droid only Games. Id really like to start seeing Iphone like graphic games which the droid will run great but other Android phones will never run.

For your information, we are working on this...right now.... :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones